Chapter 34

Chapter 34: Coffee

"Wake up babe, its almost lunch time." A voice whispered through my dream. I groaned and rolled over, pressing a pillow over my face.

"Time to get up. Pancakes for breakfast." The voice tried again, prying the pillow off me. I flung an arm across my eyes as the bright sunlight burned my closed eyelids.

A felt a hand entwine with mine and try pull me up but I fought to stay lying down, engulfed in soft fluffy blankets.

"Cyan, love, please get up, the only other person not up Remus and he always sleeps late because of his 'furry little problem'!"

"Noooooooo!" I mumbled, trying to burrow deeper into my blankets.

Suddenly I felt soft lips pressed against mine and I instinctively leaned into the familiar kiss that still sent fireworks bursting in my head and butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

Sirius pulled away after a few moments and chuckled at the pout that instantly appeared on my face.

"Well that woke you up! I'll remember for future reference." Sirius stated cheekily and I playfully slapped his arm.

"Whats the time again?" I muttered sleepily, about to settle back down into the pile of blankets once more.

"Time for you to get up! Mr and Mrs Potter are waiting to leave but they wanted to make sure that everyone had had breakfast before they left. Its almost lunch now so come on, love!"

Sirius pulled me out of bed and dragged me down the stairs by my hand. We entered the fancy living room of the Potters and found James, Lily, Peter, Bella, baby Oliver, Jonathan, and Mr and Mrs Potter all sitting on a sofa or armchair. I blushed when I saw they were almost impatiently waiting for me to get up.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"I was very tired after yesterdays events."

It had been a full month since we left Hogwarts and before we would have to go look for jobs, we wanted to make the most of our holidays. Yesterday we had gone paintballing at some muggle place by Lily's house and then to the beach where we spent the afternoon running around in the summer heat and cooling off in the sparkling waves.

"That's very alright, dear. There are some pancakes on the bench for you and Remus when he is up. We were just going to leave, have fun and be safe! We'll be back tomorrow afternoon. We love you!" Mrs Potter said before her and Mr Potter turned on the spot and disappeared with a sharp crack.

Like James had promised as the graduation, he let me bum at his place for the past month and two more to come. His parents had been fine with it - even when James had invited the marauders, Lily, Bella, Oliver, and Jonathan to come too. We were going to ask Frank, Alice and Marlene but they were going on a trip to France for two months.

I went into the kitchen to find two plates of pancakes, set out on the polished stone bench top, and covered with bacon, maple syrup, and chocolate sauce. I dug into the mouthwatering food and devoured it quickly, making sure to clean my plate and put it away. Remus came into the kitchen just as I was leaving.

"No. I'm sexier."

"Nuh-uh! I am so totally sexier!"

"No way! Me!"

"In your dreams! I am the sexiest!

"I'm not the one that's dreaming! I am the sexiest!" James argued back childishly. I glanced at Lily and she rolled her eyes. The small movement must have caught James' attention because he suddenly demanded

"Lilyflower, who is sexier? Me or Padfoot?" Lily sighed and rolled her eyes again.

"You James." She answered faithfully. No way. Sirius is totally sexier.