Chapter 28

Chapter 28: Christmas part 2 (ball and party)

Sirius and I stayed side by side all day, and I was smiling form ear to ear. Lily told me if I smiled any bigger it would be a cheshire cat. Finally, at four pm, it was time to get ready for the ball.

"Why do you need three hours to get ready?" Sirius asked in amazement.

"Well, we have to have showers, do our hair, makeup, dresses, jewellery, get our outfits ready for the party, and um... Do whatever else we can to look gorgeous!" I exclaimed.

"You look gorgeous anyway." Sirius said, pulling my hand and my body into his, kissing my cheek. I blushed and Lily and Marlene looked at me enviously. We were walking around with Frank and Alice, Bella and Jonathan, Remus, Peter, James, and Sirius.

"I want a boyfriend like that!" Lily whined enviously, shooting James a side-glance.

"We're going to the ball together but he's not my boyfriend." Yet...

"Pretty much is" Lily pointed out and I blushed again. Sirius looked a little hurt at that comment but smiled quickly when he saw my blush.

"That is so cute! Do it again!" Sirius said, poking my red cheeks.

"No!" I protested, trying to control my mad blushing.

"Please?" He said, pouting.

"No!"

"Well if thats the way it is..." Sirius trailed off, leaving me confused. Then he leaned his face in closer to mine, I could feel his breath tickling my cheek as he whispered in my ear.

"I might have to make you..." He whispered seductively. I instinctively blushed.

"See! Its cute! Isn't it Remmy!" He said, returning to his playful childish self.

"Yeah, very..." Remus muttered absent-mindedly.

"Ok well we have to be going!" I said, reluctantly pulling my hand from Sirius's and dragging the girls back up to the dorm.

We all took a shower and set out our party outfit choices on the ends of our beds. Then we walked around the room and said what we liked best on each other and picked jewellery and accessories until we all had a party outfit. Lily had summoned a house elf to get all of her clothes and stuff from the head girl dorm.

Then we gently got our dresses out of the closets and, still in the protective plastic, we hung them on a rail across the ceiling. We got out makeup and jewellery and helped each other choose what to wear. We all had particular themes. I was going for purples, Bella for blues to match her hair, Lily for greens to match her eyes, Alice for reds to go with her dress, and Marlene for golds to go with hers.

An hour later, we had everything sorted, dresses, makeup, hair, jewellery, shoes, and we just needed to actually do them. When we had one hour left, we all stripped into our underwear - hey, we're all girls! - and got into our outfits.

Marlene had thick eyeliner and mascara and a little shadow of gold on her eyelids. Her cheeks had a little bit of blush over the thin surface of foundation cream. Her lips were tinged with red.

Her dark lush curls were glossy and left down, complementing her red lips. She had a few pearl bobby pins holding a couple of curls in place. She had on a gold heart necklace and gold hoop earrings. She had gold bangles going halfway up her right lower arm.

Her dress was tight at the top, and at the waist it cascaded into ripples to the floor. It was made of shimmery gold material and was strapless. It complemented her dark skin. She had plain gold flats because she was already really tall.