Chapter 2- Mall job!!

I slowly got out of my car carefully, clutching my new uniform.

I took a deep breath and looked up. 

I saw a huge neon sign bearing the words "STARCOURT mall " staring down at me.

I turned to wave goodbye to my mom but she had already disappeared. 

Sighing, I stepped through the huge double doors that lead into the mall.

My mouth dropped open as soon as I entered. I never really went to the mall in California, mostly because it was so new,  so the size was shocking to me.

There were shops everywhere, all of which boasted big, colourful, neon signs.

People were walking from shop-to-shop, always coming out with something new. 

I had never seen so many people in my life.

My eyes suddenly darted to a store that had a big sign at the front of it saying "Scoops Ahoy Ice-cream parlour ". I could see two people standing at the counter wearing blue and white sailors uniforms and matching sailors hats.

Then I turned around and spotted the shop that I was going to be working at for the rest of my time in Hawkins - "Gap ".

I walked into the shop and was instantly hit by the sight of so many colourful outfits. I walked up to the counter smiling.

"Hello can I help you?" The person behind the counter asked.

"um.. yes, i'm the new employee here." I replied.

"Ohh, whats your name?" He carried on, flashing me a smile.

"I'm Sandra, Sandra Patterson." I replied holding out my hand.

"Nice to meet you Sandra, i'm Matthew, Matthew Berman." The boy said taking my hand and shaking it.

I smiled at back at him.

"Oh, there is a changing room back there if you need to change by the way." He added noticing the uniform I was still clutching in my hands and pointing towards a small pair of wooden doors.

I thanked him and headed behind the counter to the changing room.

  *      *       *       *       *  

Around half an hour into my shift I noticed two girls enter the shop.

One of them had long, ginger hair and was smiling and laughing at the girl next to her.

The other girl had brown hair that went down to her shoulders, she was looking around the shop in bewilderment as if she had never seen clothes before.

I watched as they happily picked up outfits and held them up to themselves seeing what they looked like.

Fifteen minutes later the girls finally walked up to the counter ready to pay.

"Is that all for you today?" I asked them.

"Yes please, would my friend El be able to get changed somehwere?" The ginger girl replied.

"Of course, the changing room is just through there!" I answered, pointing to the room in which I had gotten changed in just 45 minutes before.

The redhead thanked me and paid whilst the other girl went and got changed.

She came out in a black jumpsuit with colourful shapes all over it.

She then grabbed the hand of her friend and they left the shop smiling and walked over to "Scoops Ahoy", coming out with ice-creams in their hands.

I noted that I would go there after I finished up my shift.

I turned to the next customers.

There was a big cue of girls holding all kinds of different outfits in their hands.

I sighed knowing that it was going to be a long day.