Chapter 4- Pool Party

"Sandra get up!!" Frankie shouted into my ear. "You promised that you would take me to the pool today, get ready, come on!!" He carried on, pulling my covers off of me.

I reluctantly rolled out of bed and walked over to my dressing table.

I started to do my hair and makeup.

Then I went and got changed coming out of my bathroom with a bag that had my swimming costume in and my towel.

"Go get your swimming trunks and put them in and get a towel aswell." I said as I was walking down the stairs.

I grabbed an eggo that was on a plate, nobody was eating it anyway.

I took a bite and waited for Frankie to finally come downstairs.

He passed me his swimming costume and towel and then ran out of the door.

I sighed, putting them in my bag and then walking outside to follow him.

I got in the car and started the engine.

"Did you make any new friends at school yesterday?" I asked, as he was buckling his seatbelt.

"Yep." He said, sounding very proud.

I nodded and then drove away from our house.

  *    *    *    *    *    *    *  

I stood waiting outside of the boys changing room whilst Frankie was getting changed.

When he finally came out he rushed straight over to the side of the pool and jumped in.

As I was walking over to Frankie who was excitedly swimming in the water I noticed a lifeuard.

He was sat on a tall white chair watching everyone.

The strange thing was, he had a blanket on his lap and an ice cold drink in his hand.

I stared at him wondering why he had a blanket in such hot weather.

Then he turned his head and our eyes locked.

I couldn't actually see his eyes since he had sunglasses on but his face showed some hidden... pain.

I quickly looked away embarrassed by the sudden eye contact.

I then hurried to the pool edge and lowered myself in.

Frankie came splashing over to me with a huge, wide grin on his face.

"Isn't this town so fun!!" He exclaimed happily splashing me with water.

I smiled and splashed him back.

It then turned into a little game, I started chasing him around the pool.

About 15 minutes later I felt a weird sensation.

It felt like someone was watching me, following my every movement.

I turned around and saw the lifeguard looking at me, a smile on his lips.

When he saw that I was looking at him too his expression quickly changed  to a serious one and he went back to watching other people and sipping his drink.

I was confused but I just shrugged it off.

"Can we go i'm getting bored." Frankie suddenly said.

"I thought you said that this place was so fun." I replied, smirking.

"That was before." He whined.

"Fine, you don't have to start getting all whiney." I laughed.

We got out of the pool and walked back over to the changing rooms.

Although I was out of the pool I still had the lingering feeling of his eyes burning into the back of my head.

Shaking from the sudden burst of cold air I went into the nearest, available, changing room.

I got changed back into my normal clothes and went outside.

Frankie was there impatiently waiting with his trunks and his towel.

I took them from him and we left the pool.

As we were walking back to the car I took one last glance at the lifeguard.

All I could see was his curly hair.

Me and Frankie turned the corner into the car park and got into our car.

 I swear I saw the same two girls who were in gap, hiding behind a car.

There were three boys hiding with them.

"This town is weird more than anything else." I sighed as we pulled away from the parking lot.