Empty words

-        Come on, Dream? Are you already down? Pathetic.

Nightmare picked up Dream, throwing him to the wall again and again and again, while his henchmen were laughing behind him. And, what is that, is that, Blueberry? Behind him… laughing… why? Why did he have to leave, why did he have to betray him. And where is Ink or even Error? They are gone, no one is there to help him. Ever.

-        So, is it it? The end of Dream. Just like the start, it’s going to be forgetful and insignificant. – Nightmare laughed for the last time slowly and painfully piercing through Dream.

-        AHHHHHH!

Dream woke up suddenly, gasping for air. He fell asleep on the floor again, tissues of either tears or blood of his wounds all around him, his bandages stopping him from freely breathing. His head felt heavy, his face all messed up from a lack of hygiene, sleep and tears.

Dream sat up and looked around his dark concrete room, such a mess. Is he even worth a status of the guardian of positivity if he can’t even keep his room clean. It hurts. His head, his wounds, everything. Isn’t it absurd? He looked into a cracked mirror on the wall, at his dirty blond hair and big circles under his eyes, he instantly hid his head and pulled his leg closer covering them with his long blue sweater. He wanted to cry, but he couldn’t. he grabbed the cape his brother made for him in the old days, he hasn’t been wearing it for a while now. The memories of his brother, even though bitter, were still partly sweet and comforting.

Knock knock

-        Huh?

-        Hellooooo, Dream? It’s me, Ink! It’s time for work, don’t you remember? Come on, hurry up and get out! This is going to be a wild day!

He quickly stood up, whipping his face. He put on his shoes, his crown, he thought he didn’t deserve, and some gloves to cover up his scars. In just a few seconds he was ready for work, it’s better to not keep Ink waiting, he get’s really scary when he is angry.

And what does Dream work as? Well, he is part of the star sanses! Just few days ago they were three, but now they were only two, Ink and Dream. They keep the universe safe by fighting groups like the bad guys and individuals like Error or Fatal Error. Although Dream doesn’t like fighting any of them, especially not Error and his brother, the leader of the bad guys, Nightmare, although, he knows he must, he doesn’t really have a choice. I mean, Ink is the one who gave him this job and mustn’t mess up, at the end of the day, he wouldn’t even be alive today if it wasn’t for him, who has revived him from the dead.

-        Finally! Let’s go I’ve got work for you!

-        For me?

-        Oh please, you look like you just woke up and yes! I need you to calm down Error. I tried doing that for hours, but it looks like he’s having a full crisis in his void of nothingness, he keeps talking with people who aren’t there and shouting random things and whining and crying and-

-        Okay, got it, and you want me to calm him down?

-        Yes, that’s what I was saying are you even listening to me?

-        Yes, yes, yes. Sorry.

-        Sorry won’t help here, go on and help Error, okay, Dreamy? – Ink cracked a rather demeaning smile on his face, like he was talking down to a child.