Unnecessary Kindness {•} Kel x Reader [fluff :) ]

(requested by @Treeone2 )

•♡•

{ Kel's POV }

"Man, how long are they gonna take??" Aubrey sighed. I looked up from my match in Pet Rocks against Sunny and saw her with a branch from Y/n's tree. "Aubrey!! Don't break their tree branches!!" I said. "Relax, they won't be mad, Y/n'll be too hyper to realize anything," she replied. "That doesn't make it right!" "You're such a killjoy!" "And you're a jerk!" "Guys, can't you both just cool it for one afternoon?" Hero interrupted. "Sorry Hero..." Aubrey and I said.

I sighed and looked back at my match to see that Sunny had won. "SUNNY!!" I groaned. Sunny smirked before turning off his Gameboy. "Kel, you should text them, they're taking so long," he said quietly. "M-me? Why can't Aubrey do it??" I started to blush. I know that it's just a text but, it'll be the first time I text Y/n outside of the group chat. And to be honest... I think they're pretty sweet, and I really like them. And I'm just scared that they won't like me because, well- I'm not the smartest.

"Because, Kel, you're the closest to them," Aubrey said. "Fine!" I opened my phone and closed my eyes. "Hm.. what to say, what to say?" I thought. I slowly went to their contact.

Y/n

KEL
KEL
KEL
KEL
ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!

THEY ALREADY TEXTED ME??? I took a deep breath and answered.

Y/n

KEL
KEL
KEL
KEL
ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!

Sorry, wasn't paying attention, what's up?

I'M SOOO SORRY FOR THE DELAY I COULDN'T FIND MY BEACH BALL! WHERE ARE YOU GUYS? DID YOU COME?

Uh.. heheh- look outside-
seen just now

•♡•

I looked at their window and saw them look down in embarrassment before disappearing. "So? Are they coming?" Mari asked. "Yup!" I smiled. Before we knew it they came out completely flustered and locked their door. "OKAY! LET'S GO!" they said out of breath. "Are you sure you don't wanna take a break first? You seem pretty tired," I asked them. "NOPE! LET'S JUST GO, I MADE US THIS LATE ALREADY!" they panted. "You sure you don't want a piggyback ride there?" They almost fell over but I caught them by the waist. I felt my cheeks heat up and let go immediately. "Thanks, Kel... maybe I should get that piggyback ride." they smiled softly. They hopped on my back and Aubrey had this stupid smirk on her face. "What?" I asked. "Oh, nothing," she turned around. It's not THAT obvious I like Y/n... right?

•♡•

"Ah!" I dipped my toe in the lake. "How cold is it?" Hero called out. "Freezing!" I shivered. Y/n and Sunny came up to me. "What's up, guys?" I asked. "Wanna play volleyball with us?" Y/n asked. "I wasn't spending hours looking for my beach ball in my room, just for me not you totally beat you in volleyball." "Ohh, you're so ON!" I smirked. "Also, loser has to buy the other food!" I added. "Alright bet!" Y/n agreed. "Sunny you're on my team!" Sunny walked over to my side. "You're outnumbered~!" I sang. "Aubrey get over here!" Y/n turned to Aubrey stuffing her face with one of Mari's sandwiches. "At least lemme finish my food! Jeez..." she said after swallowing. She lazily walked over to Y/n. "Now it's two against two!" they smiled. I started to blush. Their smile really is so beautiful. "Heh, that's what you think! Hero!! Can you help Sunny and I beat Y/n?!" I asked. "Ah, sure, why not? It's been a while since I played volleyball anyways." Hero winded up his arm after getting up. "THAT ISN'T FAIR!! HERO'S GONNA SMOKE US!" Aubrey said. "Mari, can you help us?" Y/n asked. "I'd rather sit out and watch if you don't mind!" she smiled. "I could play in Mari's place!" Basil said softly. "Thank you so so much, Basil!" Y/n said frantically. "You're welcome Y/n." he smiled. "LET'S START ALREADY! TIME'S A WASTING!" I said.