'Movie date'

(ps, Johnny is older, the fire never happened, but they did run away after killing Bob :) )

I remember the day I asked Cade out, he was embarrassed partly cause I had to ask him Infront of Dallas and Pony. I could never get him away from them long enough to ask. He had shook his head as Dallas gave me a look basically saying 'hurt him and I'll kill you'. I had no intentions to hurt him. Johnny was everything to me.

I walked in through the door, unlocked of course. Pony sat on the floor reading a book, Johnny laying on the couch. I moved his feet over and sat down. I looked at Johnny, he had a bruise around his eye. He noticed me looking and turned away from me. I looked at pony, his nose still stuck in a book.
I slowly started to bring myself over Johnny, laying on his chest, looking at him. Eventually he looked at me.
It'd been around a year since the accident, luckily Johnny had got parole. His hair grew out and pony kept his hair blonde. They were careful, and they used the experience as a lesson.
Johnny stroked my hair back behind my ear, letting his hand sit on my cheek. I leaned into his hand, eyes closed. We didn't need words, it was always about being with each other.
"I'm alright." I opened my eyes and gave a weak smile.
"I can't help that I worry, especially bout you." He smiled and kissed my forehead. I kept my eyes on him, feeling him wrap his arms around my back.
After a second I heard someone coming up the steps, as the door started to open I sat up and leaned against the arm of the couch. Dallas. I slumped down, Dallas and I never even had a decent relationship. Most of the time I kept quiet around him. I blame our problems on my older brother/sister, when you find them together, they fight, either verbally or physically.
Johnny sat up to, moving to the middle of the couch so Dallas and I didn't have to sit next to each other. As Dallas sat down, Johnny grabbed my hand but watched Dallas.
"Hey Dal, whatcha doing here?" Pony finally looked up from his book, closing it and setting it on the floor next to him.
"Nothin." I think pony likes Dallas more than me, and I get it, I haven't really gotten to know anyone other than Johnny.
I leaned against Johnnys shoulder, before whispering in his ear.
"Could we go out? Maybe go to the drive in?" He looked at me and nodded. I thought about inviting pony and Dallas but, I knew Johnny wouldn't really do 'couple things' with me if they were around. He even kept our 'holding hands' secret.
I knew he wants big on pda but lately there's been no pda, no kissing, no hugging, no touching. It made me wonder if he wanted to stop dating.
Johnny stood up, grabbing his jean jacket leaning on the back of the couch. I got up to but headed straight for the door, not saying bye. Not because I didn't want to but it slipped my mind, I just kept thinking about him and I, ending...
"Bye." I heard Johnny say before the door opened. He left it opened before we walked down the steps.
"Johnny?" I looked over to find him lighting a cigarette. He hummed as he blew smoke out. "Is there a reason you don't show affection to me around the guys? Are you embarrassed? Of me?" We stopped walking. I looked at the ground, fearing for the answers.
"No, I'm not embarrassed, especially of you. I just, the guys don't well.. they are tough, and just don't so much affection toward their girls." I looked up at him making eye contact. His words were real. Just the way he looked at me made that clear.
"I'm sorry, I just-"
"Don't be sorry, if you didn't show any affection toward me I'd ask the same questions." He passed me the cigarette and watched me take a drag. I blew the smoke out and continued to walk but didn't get far. Johnny grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, giving me a kiss. When he pulled away, I looked down so embarrassed that he did that on the side of the road. I could feel his smile radiating off him. He was proud of himself, catching me off guard.
It was maybe around 8:30 in the afternoon and the sun was already starting to set. Ever since they ran from the cops, Johnny loved the sunset. He said one day, he'd take me to the church, and we'd have a picnic.
"Let's go." Johnny tangled his fingers with mine and we continued our walk. We passed the cigarette back and forth, talking about whatever we could find. Johnny eventually stomped the cigarette out on the ground, just around the corner of the drive in.
"I don't have any money." I said as we reached the drive in, cars pouring in.
"We can go through the hole in fence." I smiled as he led me to the hole.
First he helped me through and than got in himself. We walked around for a bit, hopeing we find two-bit and steal a couple dollars off him. Eventually we couldn't and found a couple of seats. It was hard to hear the movie so I just stopped paying attention and focused on Johnny.
Every couple of seconds he'd look over at me and I'd play it like I was watching the show. I focused on the scar on his cheek. He told me about it, how he got it. Ever since he told me, I never really let him walk alone at night. I'd either walk with him to his house, which I hated cause of his ma and pa, or to the Curtis house. Even the park but I wouldn't leave him there. Sometimes he'd even sneak in my house, we'd lay awake talking, and when it was finally morning, wed go to the Curtis house and take a nap together. Behind closed doors.
"Would you stop staring at me?" He said this in a playful manner, keeping his eyes on the movie.
"Um no?" He looked at me, a smile on his face.
"I thought you wanted to watch a movie? Or was this just your attempt at getting me away from the guys?" I rolled my eyes but had a smile on my face. Johnny did that to me, he could put a smile on my face just by breathing the same air as me.
Just before I could say anything Two-bit popped up between us from behind.
"What's shaking my loveeee birds?!" He had to have been drinking.
"Watchin a movie Two." Johnny said looking at him.
"Hey two?" I asked. Two-bit turned his attention to me.
"Yes, lil lady?" I rolled my eyes. Two was a big goof, especially when he was drunk.
"Kind sir would you lend us some money for a soda?" He smiled and ruffled through his pant pocket before handing me a dollar and a couple pieces of change.
"I need a talk to Johnny please." I got up and started for the stand, but as I passed Johnny he pulled my hand. He pulled me down and kissed me on the cheek. I left, my cheeks as red as tomatoes.
After getting to the soda stand, my cheeks had faded back, as I heard soc boys messing around, clearly drunk.
It was long before I started to hear footsteps behind me.
"What's going on babe?" I bit my lip, nervously, not turning to face him. I stepped up to the cashier and ordered a simple Pepsi. I don't know how I could tell but the Soc behind me didn't like that I was ignoring him." Hey I'm talking to you." I couldn't help myself, I turned around.
"Well I'm not talking to you soc." His friends all made that sound 'ooooo'. The cashier handed me my soda and I quickly walked back to Johnny, shakin but not enough to show.
"Hey." Two was no where in sight, and I prayed he didn't see what I just did. Out of everyone in the gang, Two-bit watched out for me, made sure no one fucked with me.
I handed Johnny the soda and sat down next to him. I heard story's about greaser girls talking back to Soc boys, none of them good. I turned around after making sure Johnny was focused on the movie. The boy were still there, and the one I talked back to was staring at me. I turned back around quickly after making eye contact.
"Johnny..?" He looked at me with those puppy eyes. " Could we walk home with Two-bit?" He looked confused. I figured I should explain a little. " I um had a lil trouble at the soda stand."
" What kind of trouble?" I knew Johnny could take care of me but there was about 5 guys over there. They could easily hurt us. And Two-bit had his switchblade, Johnny had his too but two blades is better than one.
"A soc um tried to hit on me. And I told him I wasn't talking to him." Johnny looked back at the soda stand. In pretty sure we want afraid of much after the accident but I was. He could tell so instead of waiting for the end of the movies he stood up and stretched his hand out. I grabbed it and we started walking around looking for Two.
"Found him." I said pointing to him leaning against the fence. Not far from the hole. We walked over and Johnny explained it. Two-bit looked over by the soda stand and I couldn't help myself from looking too.
"That blonde in white?" I turned back and nodded at two. Johnny's squeezed my hand.
"Could you just walk us to the Curtis house?" I asked. Two-bit nodded and we went back under the fence.
We were around the fence when Two started making jokes again, making Johnny and I, laugh. When we got to the Curtis house, Darrys car was out front and the front door was open, so they were up. We walked in, Dallas was laying on the couch, pony on the floor and Darryl in his chair. I could hear soda and Steve in the dinning room.
"Darry?" He looked at me, so did everyone else. Johnny still hadn't let go of my hand which made me super happy. I wasn't too sure if Darry liked me much.
"Could we sleep here Darry?" Johnny jumped in, helping me out. Darry nodded. Two-bit had disappeared, probably into the kitchen. "Scoot over Dally." Dallas looked up at Johnny before sitting up, his arms now folded against his chest. Johnny sat down and I sat next to him.
"How was the movie?" Pony asked. I looked at his blonde hair, not wanting to say a word.
" It was alright, pretty normal." Lie. Johnny rarely lied to the gang. Why would he lie about something as simple as 'my girlfriend, here. Pissed off a soc and his friends'?
Two-bit eventually came back with another beer, and sat on the floor next to Pony. Slowly the living room started to get empty. First Dallas, saying he wanted to go to bucks. Two-bit left next. Than Steve, and that's when Soda joined us. After about an hour I started to get tired and leaned on Johnny's shoulder, forcing myself to stay awake.
Darry went to bed next, telling Soda and Pony to go to best, which they did. Then telling Johnny and I, 'no funny business'.
Johnny got up and locked the front door before taking his jacket off. He laid down on the couch and I laid next to him. He wrapped his jacket around me and slowly we fell asleep.