Chapter Six

“Australia.”

I turned back to Harry.

“See. Me and the girls live in Australia. We will see you there.”

“But you’re supposed to stay here for another two and a half weeks.” I had forgotten about that.

I scrunched my face up in concentration.

“I’ll talk to my mum,” I said, “I’m sure she’d love to get us out of her hair. Anyway, Suuki’s mum and my mum could use some girl time, especially in New York.”

Harry looked up at me and kissed me softly on the cheek.

“Thank you. It would be great if you could come back with us,” he said, standing and turning to Paul.

“Are you coming in?” he asked him.

“I think I’ll skip tea tonight. Too much to organise,” Paul replied and turned to the SUV.

“See you later,” he called over his shoulder.

Harry and me went back inside the restaurant. The others turned to us at the same time.

“Where’s Paul?” Zayn asked, still laughing from something someone had said before we got back. I looked at Harry as we took our seats and he answered.

“He has stuff to organise,” he said casually, although there was still something in his voice.

“What’s wrong?” Liam asked with raised eyebrows.

“We have to leave New York in a few days.” Everyone looked at each other and Suuki spoke.

“Where are you going? And why such short notice?”

“We aren’t really sure. All Paul told us is that we are going to Australia in three days,” I replied taking a small bite of a piece of pizza on the plate in front of me. I wasn’t really that hungry anymore.

“But we live in Australia. Why is this a bad thing?” Bronwyn asked.

“We are booked at the hotel for two and a half more weeks,” I answered then quickly added, “but I’m going to talk to my mum and ask if we can go back with the boys.”

For the rest of dinner everyone was silent except Zayn, Louis and Bethany who were trying to cheer everyone up. It worked a little bit when Zayn dumped the whole content of the salt and pepper shakers onto Louis piece of pizza. Louis pretended not to notice and took a bite.

“AAAGGGHHH!!!!” he yelled really, really loudly. Everyone cracked up and couldn’t stop laughing for ages. Louis drank everyone’s glass of water and then fell off his chair pretending to be dead.

People from other tables started to look at him worriedly so Zayn and Harry grabbed his feet and dragged him outside with me, Bronwyn, Suuki, Georgia, Liam and Niall following close behind.

When we got to the SUV I walked around to the driver side window and asked Frank where Paul was.

“Oh, I dropped him off at the hotel ages ago ma’am.”

Then it started raining. Hard. We all screamed and climbed into the van as fast as we could. But me, Harry, Suuki and Liam didn’t get in quick enough and got soaked. Inside the van got wet very quickly and soon we were all wet.

When Harry stripped off his t-shirt I tried my hardest not to stare, but it was pretty hard. Bronwyn saw how hard I was trying and began to laugh.

Then Louis, Liam, Zayn and Niall all also took their shirts off and she had the same problem. Zayn saw her staring and laughed.

“Take a picture. It will last longer.” Bronwyn blushed like crazy.