Ch. 8: New Plans, New Fury

Chapter 8: New Plans, New Fury
Everyone was in silent after this, surprised that yet another diamond was beaten just like that.

Spinel wasn't one of them as she chuckled gleefully and jumped into the arena.

"And the Trial by Combat is over! The victor once again, is Black Diamond!" Spinel said as Black Diamond picked up Blue's gem and raised it up.

'Phew, this was surprisingly a bit harder than I thought.' Black Diamond thought, happy for his victory.

Black looked towards Blue Pearl as she slowly walked towards him, holding her hand out. He knew what she wanted and he decided to give it to her peacefully.

"Here." Black said, holding out Blue's gem to Blue Pearl.

"Thank you." Blue Pearl said as she took Blue Diamond's gem and held it close to her chest, turning away to leave.

He nodded to her before looking over the crowd, watching him and waiting for something. Anything.

"As I said before, my offer still stands. Any and all gems that wish to come over to my court, shall be free to do so of their choice. I will welcome you with open arms and protect you." Black Diamond said with his arms out and bowing to them. "It would truly be my honor to have any of you in my court."

Everyone runs wild with their applauses, letting the hype run and the excitment as well, this was such a great fight, even ifi t was scary at first, no one has ever seen something like this in ever.

It was even better than the fight with Pink and the prize Black received was just as good! Before long and if enough Gems from the other courts joined willingly, Black will have more than enough gems for his own court and he already have plans to make use to the rest of the abandoned kindergarten.

'2 down, two to go.' Black thought as he looked to the feed, knowing Pink, Yellow, and White Diamond were watching.

Black Diamond rose from his bow, turning to leave before he was meet by a gem with water wings on her back.

"Is that offer to join your court still open, my diamond?" Lapis asked, being formal and smiling.

"Yes it is. Welcome to my court, Lapis." Black said with a smile and a nod.

"Now we can hang 24/7!" Spinel said as she went to hug the blue gem.

"Hehehehe, I'm glad too. But first, I think I need a wardrobe change." Lapis said as she broke away from the hug and changed the color of her clothes.

Originally, Lapis wore backless blue halter crop top with an upward-facing navy triangle, which ties into a blue sash ribbon on the back of her shoulders, and a flowing cobalt blue skirt, which is calf-length with a downward-facing navy triangle around the waist.

Now, after joining Black's court, her crop top and skirt were colored pitch black with the triangles colored dark blue.

"What do you think? Black do seem like your court color." Lapis said as she twirled in place.

"You could've stayed as you were but I like it." Black said with a smile.

"You look great, Lapis. Also, I'm sure that after these two fights, Black will win the next one easy. Everyone is hyped at his progress." Spinel said, excited.

"Hehehehe, yeah they must be, but Yellow is gonna be a tough one. Yet I'm excited to see how she fairs." Black said as the feed cut off.

Meanwhile, on Homeworld, Yellow roared in rage as she fired lightning at the communications screen and destroyed it!

"That little cheat!" She shouted as she slammed her fist into her chair.

"My Diamond, please remain calm!" Yellow Pearl called out to her.