3

I took a deep breath and exhaled again. Then I shouted with all my might.

“Hep me! Hep me! Bed wan cetch me!”]

I felt that Edifa was in a panic, but it took time for him to get me down and cover my mouth as I was tied to his back.

I gave up the words that were too hard to pronounce.

“Euanggg! Hep mee! Yu bed wan! yu evil wan!”

Edifa murmured lowly.

“Hey, do you want to die? Can’t you shut up?”

But not far away, I could hear people gossiping, so I screamed more fiercely.

“Euaggggggg! Hep mee! Hep meeee!”

“D*mn it……”

It was the moment when Edifa finally untied the knot on his shoulder. I struggled swiftly on his back and fell to the ground.

There’s a burning sensation from my knee being scratched, but I didn’t care.

I screamed as I ran away with my bare hands on the rough dirt ground.

“Euaggg! Heppp me! He…”

Of course, Edifa lifted me up and covered my mouth in an instant. But, it wasn’t fruitless. Someone from afar shouted with a terrifying voice.

“You, what are you trying to do with the child?”

Edifa squeezed my mouth tighter and hugged me close to his chest. Then he covered my eyes and my hair with the black cloth from before.

“Ah, it’s not a big deal. My sister is not feeling well, so I’m looking after my niece. She’s looking for her mother a lot.”

Several footsteps were heard.

This time, a younger voice asked more closely than before.

“Tell me which family you are and where you are going.”

Edifa was furious.

“Who do you think you are, interfering in someone else’s way? Do you think all nobles are allowed to do that?”

A clear voice answered calmly.

“I am a student at the Royal Academy of Zantar. With the grace of the royal family, we receive a higher education, so we have to protect the children, the nation’s assets. Show me that the child is safe.”

Chaeng.

It seemed that Edifa was pulling out the knife with his other hand.

I felt truly sorry for the child who was a student. I couldn’t believe there’s a student nearby.

I’m sorry, I’m sorry…

However, I could feel Edifa faltering as he tried to unfold my aura.

Ah, if you’re a master who uses the aura properly, you must have an identity. But Edifa wasn’t in a position to reveal my identity right now.

The youthful voice of the student was mixed with laughter that didn’t fit the situation.

“…using an aura? What kind of family scoundrel dares to use an aura while holding a child the size of a forearm in his arms? Are you really trying to protect the child or are you trying to harm her?”

Why is he laughing in the midst of this?

Edifa squeezed his hand that covered my mouth tighter.

The brave student continued.