4

It wasn’t until the next day that we reached the land.

We went to Chatara through Stone Age.

Chatara, the very place that I burned without a trace in my previous life.

Seeing the servants who welcome us warmly even in the middle of the night, Bahel’s words came to mind.

“My kind miss, there was no one in that castle. It was a castle where the plague returned and everyone disappeared.”

It must have been a lie.

It must have been a complete lie.

Chatara lord and his wife were too kind to receive such punishment as the plague.

The lord’s wife was delighted to see me as I reminded her of the childhood of her married daughter.

“My Lord, can I sleep with my baby guest? After all, the Lord must not know how to take care of a child!”

Theodore looked at me with a troubled face.

“Baby, are you okay? If you feel uncomfortable, you can just sleep with me.”

What? Sleep with you?

I quickly stepped back and went to the lord’s wife.

I was uncomfortable with the madam because of what I did in my previous life, but I couldn’t share a bed with Theodore Halias.

We used to point swords at each other, and now that I’m small, I’m a little scared!

Then Theodore whispered something to madam. “But Madam, the truth is…”

Seeing the madam’s eyes wide open as she turned to me, the content was obvious.

He must be telling her that I’m Merdy’s child.

As I went to the madam’s room, the maids brought a bathtub.

The madam took off the clothes that wrapped me and fiddled with my red hair as if it was interesting.

“Oh my God, you’re really Merdy’s child… Are you really Duke Merdy’s baby?”

As I nodded rather than stared blankly, the madam’s face brightened even more.

“On the last Verbti’s feast, I saw the Duke from a distance! When you get home, be sure to convey my respect, okay baby? I always pray for the Duke.”

Respect? Pray?

My conscience seemed to scream at the unexpected story.

In my previous life… what did I do?

*****

When the morning came after an uncomfortable night, the madam looked for a small children’s dress and held it out.

“It was worn out because my daughter wore it a long time ago. You can’t go to see the Grand Duke in your indoor clothes, right? Oh, and it’s so cold, so you should have a coat…”

Just in time, Theodore poked his head out of the doorway.

“I was thinking of going to the store anyway. madam.”

Without wasting time, I quickly bowed my head to say goodbye.

“Thwank you vely mwuch. And, you ale vely beautipul”

The madam laughed as if she was having fun.

“You’re very beautiful too. Thank you, I hear the best from the little princess.”

I made a promise to myself in a dress full of memories of the madam.

This warm little castle will never burn again.