Chapter 1

"Before you accept a deal from a higher being, do remember that there is always a cost."

-Unknown

Poor Matt after being ejected from the void, was sent tumbling into the ground, rolling down what felt to him like a really bumpy hill. It didn't help that his lifestyle left him on the chunky side of things, so he felt everything on the way down. He hit what felt like multiple roots and rocks, and finally came to a stop in what felt like snow.

"Ow....ow....ow....." Matt could be see groaning in pain, holding his legs while rolling side to side.

After rolling around for a few minutes, Matt finally got his bearings and stood up, slightly unsteady. He patted himself down, and dusted the snow off himself.

"Not the best landing ever, but granted, was my first time being teleported. Alright! Lets test out these new powers! And finally start my isekai adventure!" He then stretched out his arm, and made a fist.

"Nanomachines......GO!"

Nothing but the sound of the cold wind blowing, and the occasional owl could be heard. Matt looked confused at his arm, wondering about his lack of anything happening.

"Hmmm. Oh yeah! They harden in response to physical trauma! I know how to work it now!"

So in a slightly unsteady fashion, he treads through the snow to the nearest tree. He then raises his fist, clenches it, and punches toward the tree. "Nanomachines GO!"

With a dull thump, his hand makes contact with the tree. Another few awkward seconds of silence pass, and Matt raises his now painful hand, seeing some of his fingers pointed in different directions. He stares at his now broken hand, before crying out in pain.

After a few minutes of him rolling around in the snow like a baby, and he has wrapped his broken hand in cloth ripped from his shirt during his decent down the hill.

"Fucking hell this hurts, you would think that after watching anime like tsukimichi and playing things like god of war, I would know not to just trust random gods. But NOOOOO! I'm stupid enough to accept some random deal, from a dude who looks like the damn senator!" In his rage, he kicks at the snow at his feet, but all it does is causes him to slip and fall into more snow.

It doesn't help that in the fall his shirt was damaged, leaving him with half a shirt, and all he has is the sweatpants he was wearing when he was transported. Now that the adrenaline has left his system, he can now feel the freezing air around him biting at his skin.

As he stands up once again, now holding his arms closer to himself while shivering. He looks around at the frozen ground and trees around him. "Great, now I'm in some tundra, freezing my ass off in a tee and sweatpants. At least I was a nutcase who willingly bought and wore sketchers. So my feet aren't at risk of frostbite."

Still mumbling curses towards the 'god' who sent him here, Matt starts walking in a random direction, hoping that he can find shelter before he freezes to death. As he walks, he can hear the snow crunch under his feet, he can hear and feel the freezing winds blowing through and around him.

To someone born in city life, suddenly being thrown into a unfamiliar environment would normally cause someone to freak out, panic, and make mistakes. Luckily, in Matt's mind, he has played enough video games to know that finding shelter and warmth is the best thing you can do in a tundra like this.

After a few hours of walking in the freezing cold, Matt's complexion is visibly paler, and he is shivering constantly. While all the walking has helped him lose a bit of the junk food weight he had, it still doesn't help him get warmer.

"I.....swear......this place.....is more flat and bare.....than a minecraft superflat." He struggles to complain a bit more at the lack of any sort of cave or shelter he could hide himself in, still seeing the same old trees and snow on the ground.

However, as he's walking, he finally hears something that isn't the cry of an owl, or the wind. Instead it is what sounds like a low growl, and it sounded extremely close. As Matt forced his exhausted body to turn around, he came face to face with his first hostile entity.

It looked like a sabretooth from a museum, but this time alive. Its skin was a dark black, with white bone looking armor covering some of its body in patches, and covered its entire head, leaving only its blood red eyes shown, with red lines under them.

Slightly panicking, Matt decided to use the method he heard of online to defend yourself against big cat attacks. He forced his aching body to stand taller than he normally is, and kept eye contact while slowing moving backwards. The creature stared at him constantly, eyes flashing as if its looking at a delicacy.

Matt spoke no words, but kept slowly moving backwards, keeping line of sight with the creature. However, fate was not on his side, as he noticed the creature looked as if it was starving, and he saw how it looked at him. It stared at him as if he was a deep dish pizza, fresh from the over. As he backed away, he unfortunately stepped on a twig of some sort, and broke it, making a snapping sound.

The creature growled, and began to rush towards Matt, and Matt responded by forcing himself to turn around, and began running. He kept weaving between trees, forcing as much of his energy out of his body as he had left. He could feel his body rejecting all this movement, as he barely had energy left after the freezing walk, and he was starving.

Soon, his body finally gave out, and he tripped on a tree root, losing his balance and falling down yet another hill. He rolled and tumbled, before finally reaching the bottom, falling into more snow.

As he tried to recover quickly, he could hear the creature getting closer. He stood up as fast as he could, but he could feel his body starting to reject all the movement he was doing. He stared in the direction of the creatures sounds, and raised his hands in a boxing stance.

"Huff.....I might die, but I ain't dying like a bitch, I rather die fighting a losing battle, than die running." He forcefully resisted the chattering of his teeth from the cold, and did his best to stop his hands from shaking. He could barely feel his left hand, and his broken right hand was most likely frostbitten and swollen.

The creature chasing him finally caught up, and stared at the shivering Matt. Its eyes gave away its hunger, and it entered a stance as if it was about to pounce on him.

With both sides staring each other down, it came down to whoever made the first move. The stalemate felt as if it lasted forever, however the sound of an owl in the distance broke it.

The first to move was the creature, pouncing at Matt, claws extended, Jaws open and at the ready. Matt readied himself, and threw a punch towards the side of the creatures armored face with his left hand.

"I AINT DYING A BITCH! EAT THIS YOU CAT FUCKER" The punch, while it didn't do any damage to its armor, threw the creatures jaws off target, however its claws still managed to connect with Matts chest, leaving 4 deep wounds on his chest.

While the creature backed up and prepared for another attack, the wounds caused what little energy Matt had left to be drained from his body. He stumbled backwards, holding his now broken left hand to his wounded chest, before falling backward into the snow.

He felt what was left of his consciousness begin to shut down, and he felt extremely tired. But he kept fighting to keep his eyes open. As he forcefully raised his head to look at his soon to be killer, he heard something that sounded like a snowmobile approaching from the distance. Soon after he heard gunshots, and with his blurred vision, he saw the creature that attacked him take a shot to the head, before it collapsed, starting to break apart like dust.

As he tried to look at his saviors, he felt what willpower he had left keeping him awake start to fade, but before he fell unconscious, he saw a man in a pure white coat approach him. The man stared down at him, and as his consciousness faded, he heard the mans words.

"This one will be perfect."