Chapter 7

"Great strength is only obtainable with even greater willpower. No matter how strong your abilities, without a will, you are but an empty shell."

-Local Writer

"You know...when you said test, I was expecting to be hooked up to machines and crap. I didn't expect to be....outside." Steven looked around at the snowy field they were standing in.

The biting cold wind howled past them, and snow settled on Steven's bare shoulders, as he looked around admiring the frozen tundra.

"Its pretty interesting boy." Doktor was slowly writing on a clipboard, using a small flashlight to see his writing in the dull light.

"Your body seems to automatically adjust itself for extreme temperatures! While we haven't tried dumping you into a frozen lake or a volcano yet, just seeing you stand in a frozen tundra with near below zero conditions wearing nothing but shorts is......marvelous!" He was furiously scribbling at his notes, looking between Steven and his notes.

Steven did his best to ignore the comments about the lake and volcano. "Well then Dok, tell me what we are even doing out here?" He snickered. "Don't tell me you want me to make a snowman." He started to snicker.

The scientist stared at him annoyed, before pulling out a small button. "Now then, let us begin."

Steven stared at him as the scientist walked over to the snowmobile that got them there. "Test 1 is simple. It is a endurance and strength test!" Without elaborating further, the madman pressed the button, and drove off.

Steven watched him leave in confusion, until right after he left, a loud alarm went off in the snow near him. Following the alarm, distant howls and growls could be heard in response.

He clenched his hands in anger, finally realizing what he was in for. "That son of a....." Before he could finish, rapid sounds of feet hitting the snow could be heard.

As he twisted himself around quickly towards the sound, a large black figure was currently jumping towards him, jaws open. Instinctively, Steven quickly sidestepped the figure, but he didnt control his strength well, sending himself flying through a tree, shattering it.

He quickly got up dusted the wood chips off his shoulder. Looking around, he locked gazes with his attacker. It appeared to be a large bipedal wolf, with all black skin, and icy armor on various parts of its body. Its head was covered in a white mask, with red eyes staring down Steven with hunger in its gaze.

Steven dusted himself off more, before flipping off the creature. "Sneak attacks? You fucking pussy! You caught me lacking this time, now I got to beat your ass!"

With the two staring each other down, Steven flexed his arm, the black material covering his arm. The creature in response opened its jaws, and jumped at him, claws extended.

Smirking at his first real battle, Steven crouched down in a stance, both hands open.

"Alright! Lets do it you sneak attacking wuss!" With a bang, Steven bullrushed towards the creature at an extreme speed. And before the wolf creature could even react, it was already punched directly in the face by a black fist, literally shattering it on contact.

"Oh." Not expecting his fist to kill it so easily, Steven quickly realized that he was still moving forward with all the momentum he put behind the punch.

"Well shit!"

Elsewhere, Doktor was in a small security post, monitoring Steven on the cameras placed throughout the forest. However, the issue that Doktor was facing was, he was watching Steven battle a Beowolf. While that doesn't sound too bad, the problem quickly showed itself.

By giving someone with no prior combat experience so much power, its very likely they couldn't control it. And it shows clearly. Steven literally shattered the beowolf into chunks on impact, and sent himself flying. While the scientist was happy to take this information, he noticed a bit more was happening on the screen.

While rocketing forward, he watched Steven literally fly through trees, small boulders, and even a few unlucky grimm who were in his path.

"Amazing! The nanomachines enhanced his body to this point, and when he enters a state of combat, the nanomachines will automatically cover his body to prevent damage and backlash." He continued to take notes on his signature clipboard.

"The problem is, if I want him to be useful, we need some way to train him. From how his personality is, it will be impossible to brainwash him, so it appears I have to take a different approach. Hmmmm."

Back with Steven, after a few more minutes of rocketing through trees, grimm, and everything else, he finally managed to stop himself, by stomping his feet into the ground to slow himself, digging 2 large pits into the ground as he slowed himself down.

As he stopped, he stared at his now bare feet. "Damnit, these were my only shoes...." As he looked around, all he saw was just trees and snow. Feeling a bit of nostalgia for some reason, he shook that off, and sighed.

"Fuck. I'm lost."

AN: Hey guys, this is probably my shortest chapter, my computer had some issues, so I had to type this on my crappy laptop till it gets fixed on Tuesday. But don't worry! Once I get my baby back, I will finally be able to get a nice 1k+ chapter out! But thank you again, your previous comments really made me grateful, and i will definitely focus on quality from now on. See yall next chapter!