ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋

❝ 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚎𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚊𝚍 ❞

💖

Silence felt unusual. Absence of chaotic sounds seemed unnatural. It rippled through the homely touch glowing with a warm gold still wrapping its arms around the bar, eliminating the cold of Siberia still blowing a blizzard outside the wooden walls. The fireplace no longer sparked fear, but rather the only source of warmth in the room enveloped in the blizzard outside.

(Y/n)'s ears still ached from the music, the unforgettable beat still pounding through her head that thumped with a migraine. But she didn't care, reminiscing the evening like a video tape on loop through her mind with her spine chilled from adrenaline curved for her back to meet the table.

Everyone who participated in the dance battle were strewn across the floor, knocked out by the fist of exhaustion to the head or the energy drainage of alcohol to the throat. Either way, the room was blanketed in unconscious or sleeping people, (Y/n) and her animal pals being the only ones still awake late into the Siberian night flecked in icy snowflakes.

(Y/n) held her hands to her stomach, just like Tails to her left. She could hear a vibration in the little fox's every breath, glowing in his recovery of the dance battle that sent a flame of energy through his veins. He still couldn't belive his achievement, a wide grin carved into his fluffy muzzle painted in creamy white.

Sonic laid to his left, arms below his quills against the same surface laced in a heated chestnut shade and traces of alcoholic beverages from years ago. His emerald eyes twinkled in thought, that accomplishment of thrashing the Siberian champion in the boogie battle also unable to leave his mind. It sent a goofy grin across his muzzle as his gloved fingers played with the tips of his quills his hands were buried between.

"Wow. Only Sonic the Hedgehog could win a dance battle that epic." Tails chuckled, Sonic's grin glazed from a trance widening as his gloved finger gestured to him with the others wild in the air.

"Yeah, that was incredible..." (Y/n) sighed, wishing she could cry louder and express the excitement truly alive in her soul, but physical tiredness held her back to the point of only speaking in regular breaths.

Sonic grinned to the both of them, the expression to his adorable face glowing with both pride in Tails and (Y/n) for their contribution, and in himself for the praise showering over him like the snowflakes in the blizzard that still roared outside. His eyes twinkled with more when they connected with (Y/n), the comment soaking in deeper from her...

"Well, stick with me, pal. Earth can be a scary place, but I know everything about this old pale blue dot." Sonic suggested to Tails, leaning back into the warmth of the table absorbing the rays of the fireplace with one hand twiddling the patch of peach fur to his stomach in the ocean of cerulean across the rest of his body and the other buried back in the forest of his quills.

Tails' wide grin simmered down a little, curving into a smaller smile. He slanted up through pressure from his tiny palms to the counter, relieving his twin tails from being squished underneath him. They wiggled softly behind him, the intrigued fox sweetly requesting a confirmation of Sonic's statement.

"Do you... really mean that?" He asked, slowly and rather quietly, as if the nerves fluttering in his chest restricted the volume of his voice.

"I mean, not everything. But I watch a lot of discovery channel and-" Sonic continued, rambling on about the fragment of the sentence Tails hadn't intended to reference, the fluffy fox smoothly cutting him off like a softened knife to the edge of a silky block of butter and squeezing out the grease of enthusiasm.