ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼

❝ 𝟷𝟶𝟶% 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚍𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 ❞

📜

Smooth blue soaked between the few clouds still present in the sky and the misty tips of the hundreds of mountains. Snow coated everywhere but no longer fell from the sky, the warmth of the Sun even attempting to shine across the precipitous rocks shaping the land. It was thick from the millions of snowflakes floating from above the previous night, the sunbeams showering a golden sparkle across the many layers separated from the peaks.

(Y/n) admired the breathtaking landscape, her eyes widened from amazement and her mind sat behind operating her gaze like camera lenses to capture perfect shots to store in her memory forever. It felt strange to be dangling over it, and seemed quite dangerous, but she'd gotten used to playing life this way since joining Sonic on this trip. She could feel the wind concocted through the beating heat of the Sun mixed with the crisp cold of the snow battering her legs and face, and it was oddly soothing.

She kept a hand linked with Tails', the fox breaking the flow of the wind with a propellor sound of his own, his tails powering the lift for (Y/n) and Sonic over the mountains. The other held the Miles Electric for him, the fox gazing down every few seconds to read the coordinates it generated. Sonic drifted by her side, clinging onto Tails' other hand with only one of his own, as the other was busy holding something important that would affect the rest of this mission - the map.

"Today's forecast calls for clear, sunny skies and a 100% chance of adventure." Sonic cried, (Y/n) giggling but with Tails keeping a serious face as he glanced to his beeping device.

"We've pinpointed the coordinates. It's right up ahead." Tails announced, following the signals the device gave.

(Y/n) nodded, examining the screen for herself. Vibrant green lines darted across it, a particular dot of the same shade rippling over them to signify its importance. It monitored their movement, the speck of green becoming closer and closer. Tails lowered herself and Sonic down to one specific mountain, the device beeping like crazy as they flew closer.

This must be the one...

Tails guided them to the entrance of a cave buried in the side of the mountain. It was prominent against the grey rocks dusted in white by its blackness. It gave a glow of mystery, Sonic and (Y/n) landing alongside Tails at the edge of the cliff leading into it. Sonic peeked inside, not being able to make out much of what it held through the darkness. Tails stepped in without a second thought, Sonic darting in shortly after with (Y/n) close behind.

"Hey, Tails. Wait up." Sonic called into the echoing darkness that soon broke into a winter wonderland hidden in the depths of the mountain.

"Wow..." (Y/n) whispered, slowing down to take in the stunning surroundings.

The beams of morning sunlight from outside seemed to leak through the rocks, the mountain's thick skin seeming like tinted glass. Snow coated the ground even inside, but faded to show smooth stone as the pathway progressed. Around it flowed thin ice with patches of pure white frosting over the otherwise saturated blue, ripples of water trapped below but still twinkling with tiny wavelets with just enough space to move.

Crystal-like structures made this cave their home, glowing in enticing greens and intriguing blues, the reflective surfaces leaving trails of turquoise as the colours blended across the ground. They seemed to twinkle in sound as well as appearance, interrupting the silence with a mystical touch. Icicles hung from the snowy ceiling alive in the same dull yet tantalising blue as what traced the ice buried around the slate pathway leading towards an ancient door unlocking ability to travel deeper into the mountain.