ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝕋𝕎𝔼𝕃𝕍𝔼

❝ 𝚖𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 ❞

🔥

"Water. Why did it have to be water?"

Sonic edged away from the waves crashing into the stones of the coastline, even the drenched aura from the waters making him nervous. Sand trickled up behind the slabs of rock cut sharply in curves where the ocean foam would regularly intervene with the smooth layout.

Strong turquoise became a more saturated blue as the ripples lost force once the shore came into view for their frothy rims, the larger waves seeming impending from the start point but less threatening once they died down. The sea looked like it could coat the rest of the Earth, like no more land could ever exist amidst it all as the horizon was nothing but blue.

There it was, brighter than anything. A beam of emerald light painted against the crisp dusk shade to the sky, even though it was earlier than when such should occur. It felt like a giant arrow telling every resident of the world where the mystical gem was located, and Sonic was sure he would be the first of those to snatch the treasure in his possession.

He kept a firm hold of (Y/n), but she could feel his trepidation towards the enormous body of water ahead causing his arms to shiver. She kept herself sternly in his arms, with hers solidified around his neck. She could feel his breaths penetrating his confidence with wobbles of fear sending them off course, and she unlocked a hand to turn his cheek so their eyes could meet.

"You can do this. The world needs you." (Y/n) whispered over the harsh winds brawling with the palm trees spread across the grasslands behind the dunes separating the beach from inland Hawaii.

Sonic nodded, controlling his breathing with one deep intake of the warm air. He could feel her words curing his anxiety, and with concentration, he managed to fuel his limbs with that same electrical fizz. Vines of bright blue became tangled between his gloved fingers under (Y/n) and the cerulean fur of his legs as he jammed his toes forward into the stone, still dry from the wavelets heading out, with sand crunching under the force.

"Gotta go fast." He breathed, his eyes electrified with the same brilliant blue as he gazed into the sky ahead that appeared darker to the distance than what hung overhead.

He sped into the sea, the power alive in his feet vibrating so violently against the water it seemed the whole of the planet's oceans would rupture from the same impact. Waves shot from left and right rather than just forward and back, and Sonic's incredible speed left a cobalt streak against the sky and his footsteps in the sea that lasted minutes after he was gone.

(Y/n) screamed, but from adrenaline rather than fear. She tried to keep her eyes wide awake to catch every second of the adventure, but the wind slapping her in the face just made them water, and made her question how Sonic could do it. The hedgehog kept his gaze straight ahead to avoid contact with the sea and keep track of where to go.

(Y/n) felt him swerve around larger waves and climb up some others with no alternative route to escape from. Salty foam crashed up into Sonic's face, but the hedgehog bestowed it with no recognition. The blackened sky he could see in the distance soon crept up on them, darker air hazing over with more heat injected in each breeze.

Thunder clapped and lightning struck, torrential rain soon joining the other ingredients of a mass storm. Sonic brought (Y/n) closer to his chest, the freezing drops spilling down him while the sea sprayed up. The waves responded to the dramatic change in weather, reaching unconquerable heights and velocities.