BELLY FLOP

Sitting in the car with my family can be the best thing ever, or the worst thing ever.

Right now, it's one of the better car rides. Steven hasn't thrown up, which is great, and we're jamming out to the song "Don't blame me" by Taylor Swift. It's one of the best songs ever, change my mind.

Belly absolutely hates this song, but that's a good thing. That way I don't have to listen to her terrible singing voice.

"Mom... I don't feel the greatest" says Steven.

"Aw shit, Steven you shouldn't have eaten all that food for breakfast if you knew this was gonna happen."

"Shut it y/n...it was good though" Steven is really pale now.

Of course it was, I made it.

"Mom you should pull over" says Steven, who is very eager to get out of the car.

"I don't want to watch this" I say, turning around disgusted.

"Then don't" He hurriedly gets out of the car. (I'll spare you the details)

***

We're here. Finally.

I'm the last to get out of the car. Jeremiah, of course, is the first one out of the house. He's like a golden retriever. Energetic, excited about everything, crazy, and most of all, adorable.

"Wow you really grew up!" I scream sarcastically "You finally took your first steps!!"

On a serious note though, he's gotten a lot taller. Just last summer he was my height.

He ignores me at first, giving Belly a quick hug. He runs over to me, Belly looks pissed. "Wow look at you, have you gotten shorter?" he asks, jokingly. I smile as he picks me up and spins me around.

"OH MY GOD PUT ME DOWN!" I say, struggling to get the words out. I couldn't stop laughing. Man, this moment has been the most fun I've had in a while.

"NEVER!"

There's a distant laughter I could recognize easily. Jesus, Susannah is already outside? I must have been too focused on Jeremiah to realize she even came out. He finally puts me down, and she runs over and hugs me.

"Jesus christ Steven!" Damn, good one Stevie.

"Sorry not sorry!" he grunts, trying to keep Jere on the ground. I just roll my eyes in annoyance. Steven practically tackles Jere whenever he gets the chance.

"Wow look at you! You are so beautiful!" She hugs me a little too tight, I can barely breath.

I see Conrad come out of the house last, but I'm not that surprised.

He gives me a smile, seeing I'm a little busy at the moment. I smile and wave back. Susannah finally lets me go. Jesus that woman has a death grip.

"YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS!" screams Jeremiah, still on the ground. Steven quickly gets up. I know exactly what's going to happen.

"Oh no" Belly says under her breath.

"BELLY FLOP!!"

She tries running but it's no use, the boys are faster. I can't help but laugh at how stupid they all are. Jere and Steven grab her legs, and Conrad picks up both her arms. I run over to them. I can't miss this.

SPLASH! Belly is thrown in the pool. I watch the boys to a little victory dance. Just adorable, aren't they.

"Can't forget y/n!!" Jeremiah turns to me.

Are you kidding me Jere! "SHIT!" I try to run, but again it's no use. He pulls me to the water.

"JEREMIAH!!!" I scream as he pushes me in.

"OW FUCK!" I scream "MY ANKLE!"

Jeremiah freaks out, "Here, I'll help you up!"

I grab his hand and pull him in with me. I can't help but laugh.

***

Belly and I go inside to change. Our stuff is already upstairs because Jeremiah claims to be a "Gentleman." He is a gentleman to be honest.

I still can't believe I have to share a room with Belly, she's going to make a mess of the whole room.

"Oh girls!" my mom shouts from the kitchen, "Your father is coming over for the 4th of July"

"But he didn't come last year" Belly and I say in unison.

"That's because we had just gotten divorced. It was new for both of us. We feel it will be more comfortable now that we have had time apart."

"Oh, well where's Mr. Fisher?"

"He's very busy in London with his business trip. He won't be able to make it."

"Damn, that sucks" I say

"But at least it's just the moms and the kids, exactly how we like it."

-After changing-

"I'm going to go see Conrad" Belly leaves the room and doesn't shut the door.

"SHUT THE DAMN DOOR!" I yell.

"Later loser!"

Ugh this bitch I swear to god.

I try to shut the door, but Belly holds it open.

"Belly I said to-" I pause "Jeremiah?"

"Surprise!" he says. "Woah." he picks up my teddy bear sitting on the bed, "You still have this thing, I thought you were too old for stuffed animals" he laughed.

"I am, but he's not just a teddy bear. His name is y/f/f and he has feelings." I say, fake pouting.

"Alright sure" he laughs, "Hey um... you wanna go swim? I've been waiting all day to swim with you."

"Just me? What about Belly and Conrad?"

"Well Conrad's a dick, and Belly is going with her mom to 'Whale of the Tail' sooo...you in?"

"OHHH so I was your third choice. How...wonderful" I say

"Oh no no that's not what I-"

"It's ok Jere, I'll go with you"

".... Jere... I thought you said you wouldn't EVER call me that"

"Well.... I guess I changed my mind" I laugh

"Haha ok. I'll be downstairs!!" He runs out of the room excitedly and he screams of joy.

I laugh and get changed into my bathing suit and grab my towel. I've had this towel for a while. I remember having this towel for like- 3 or 4 years. It has my favorite flowers on it. Conrad gave it to me on my birthday.

Last year, he gave me a matching pair of earrings. I'm surprised that he remembered. He hasn't been very talkative this summer and I'm not sure why.

I walk down the stairs and walk into the kitchen to get a snack. But Jeremiah was there, and he had already made me one. "I figured you would be hungry after your drive here."

"Omg Jere! Thank you!" He smiles, "Anything for you." I think I hugged him so hard that I broke one of his ribs. "Ow." he yelps in pain

"Oh sorry Jere" I laugh. He blushes, but I didn't think much of it. He's changed, but in a good way. Maybe this summer won't be so bad after all.

We eat and we run outside to the water. "Race ya"

"I don't know...your way too...FAST!"I scream as I sprit to the water to get a head start. We throw our towels in the sand.

"OH YOU DID NOT!" He yells, not to far behind me. But we both stop running, seeing a sight we both didn't want to see.

"Conrad and Belly?" we both say in unison, looking at each other.