Chap574-There's no need to force yourself to be strong

On the drive back to her grandmother's house, the rain finally stopped. This rainstorm had persisted for longer than an hour and the ground was covered with little puddles. Roseanne checked the weather forecast and confirmed that it wouldn't rain again later in the day. This meant that after they delivered the things to her grandmother's house, they would be able to leave immediately.

When they arrived at her grandmother's house, Kai carried the items in one by one. Park Jimin also held a few bags, but Roseanne did not dare to order him around. Kai was even more terrified of doing so. When he saw that his family's boss was diligently working, he was frightened and immediately ran out to take the bags from him, frantically saying: "CEO Park, you should rest. Let me do it, I can do it!"

Her aunt sat in the front yard with a flyswatter and carelessly waved it around. She watched as Roseanne and the rest brought back various food, drinks, and nourishments, and could easily tell that they had spent quite some money. If they really didn't have any cards available for use, they wouldn't be able to buy as much.

However, whenever she wanted to ask for money, she would glance up to see the so-called 'CEO Park,' who had proclaimed himself to be Roseanne's husband. She would hesitate here and there and finally give up.

After Kai carried all of the things in, Roseanne thought to head in to bid farewell to her grandmother who was laying on the bed, before leaving immediately.

The old lady saw the various nourishments and food stacked by her bedside. Earlier, the young man named Kai had said that these were bought by Roseanne and that Roseanne was leaving now. She fell into contemplation and abruptly heard footsteps. When she raised her head again, she saw that Roseanne had entered.

"Grandmother, take good care of your health. If you take this nourishment on time every day, there should be enough to last you a year. They can be stored for quite some time, so you can take them without any worries. As for medicine, they should last around two to three years. I bought quite a lot. There's no need to worry." Roseanne stood by her bedside and did not seat down. Her expression was composed: "I'll bring all the things that belong to my mother away. In the future, it's unlikely that I'll visit Daegu again. You take care of yourself."

After speaking, Roseanne paid no attention to the old lady's expression and turned to leave.

"Wait, Roseanne..." The old lady stared at the mountain of things on the ground stiffly and called Roseanne back before she could step out: "Child... wait, I have something to tell you..."

Roseanne paused in her footsteps and turned back to eye her.

Earlier, her grandmother had rushed to speak up. She coughed twice and sat up, leaning against the bed. She spoke weakly: "I won't be able to live for much longer. Right now, I'm just waiting for each day to past. I originally wanted to call you back to speak to you about your mother. But the moment you returned, I didn't know how to go into things. I know you don't hold any feelings for your grandmother, but you're truly very filial."

Roseanne glanced at her indifferently. In fact, at the beginning of this trip, she had thought she would be able to learn something new. However, for the past few days, aside from seeing this family's strange habits, there were completely no rewards.

Now, looking at her grandmother's expression, it seemed like they were finally touching the main topic.

——

Roseanne sat in her grandmother's room for close to forty minutes. Kai was worried and spoke up in the car: "Miss Lin only went in to say her farewells. Why is she still inside?"

Park Jimin took a glance at the mother and daughter trio in the front yard and confirmed that Roseanne was alone with that paralyzed elderly.

Clearly, they were only chatting inside. It was unlikely for any trouble to occur.