Chapter 7

Silence filled the air between the brothers and Clara. Clara's eyebrows furrowed in concern at Harry's tense words. He gazed at Clara intently with a sense of impatience. Looking over at William, he bore a nervous demeanor.

Biting her lip, she was about to invite them in to talk, when June decided to let her presence be known.

"Hello!" June greeted as she came up behind Clara, which startled Harry and William. "I'm June. I've heard so much about you. It's a pleasure to–" June was finally able to sense the tension in the air and stopped mid-sentence. Her excited smile turned into a frown. "Sorry, did I interrupt something?"

The two princes exchanged glances, a sight which was becoming more and more common to Clara. They had some sort of secret language established between them that allowed them to communicate with their eyes or something. It was at times like this, that made her wonder how it would have been to grow up with them. Perhaps she would be in on the secret language.

Both brothers were now embarrassed. They were so caught up with needing to talk to Clara about the results, that they completely forgot they were going to be meeting her best friend. Scanning her from head to toe, she was completely different than what they were expecting.

While Clara had a more soft look in her girl-next-door clothes, June screamed rebel to them. Wearing black eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara, the only hint of color was her dark red lipstick. To go with her lipstick she bore a leather jacket of the same color, but the rest of her outfit was completely black, including her newsboy hat. To top it off, a sparkly stud could be seen on the side of her nose. William internally cringed.

Now, they were unsure if they should wait until they were in private with Clara to talk with her. They didn't really know June and her appearance made them uneasy. But the other option meant waiting longer to tell Clara, which was time that they didn't have with this sensitive information. It was William that chose to answer June.

"Um, yes. We need to talk to Clara in private. We have some–" he rubbed his neck –"important things to talk to her about."

Feeling awkward about her unwanted presence, all June could do was nod her head, "Oh, alright. I can come back another day–"

"No," Clara said dismissively as she crossed her arms. "Whatever you need to tell me, June can hear. I haven't seen her in months, and I was so excited for you to meet her." Clara seemed visibly disappointed that they were so easily dismissive of June, but continued on, "If this can't wait until later, then you'll have to include June in the discussion."

William, becoming slightly frustrated, argued, "Clara this is strictly confidential, we don't want untrustworthy people–"

"She is completely trustworthy." Getting more and more upset over what William suggested, Clara rebuffed, "I trust her with my life! When everyone else left me, June was the one that stuck by my side in my darkest time." Clara's eyes were becoming glossy, but she refused to cry as she pushed back those memories to the back of her mind.

Over the past few weeks, Harry had gotten to know Clara quite well, but he had only really seen her as a loving, cheerful person. He had never seen her this upset. But of course, his brother didn't know when to stop.

"That's great, Clara," William said, not really sounding sincere. "But the news we have is something that doesn't just impact you but the entire Royal Family! Be reasonable!"

Silence followed William's last words. Harry gulped, because while his brother might've thought that he had won the argument with his small smirk, Harry somehow knew Clara wasn't done. Clara took a deep breath.

"Will, I will only say this once. Either you tell me in front of June or you just don't tell me at all. I have my full trust that June will keep this a secret." She intently stared at William. "I understand that you've only known me a few weeks, but believe me when I say there are some members of your family that are not only more untrustworthy than June, but also have committed the most heinous acts.

The fact that your family still chooses to trust them and give them titles of prestige tells me a lot about the Royal Family and their idea of 'trust.'" Harry raised his eyebrows at what Clara implied. "Besides, June has known that Diana is my biological mother for months, and she hasn't spoken a word to the tabloids."

Somewhat shell shocked at Clara's blunt but honest remarks, William didn't really know how to respond. He certainly didn't expect her to put up this good of an argument. She was definitely turning out to be stubborn and he could see it causing him headaches in the future.

Harry was the one to clear his throat though, and piped, "Alright, June can stay. The more the merrier, right?" He wore a bright smile on his face that made it seem as if there hadn't been such a heated argument. Not only that, but Harry's statement was so ridiculous that Clara actually gave a small chuckle in response, releasing the tension in her shoulders.

June on the other hand, was still thinking over what just happened. It had been a while since she'd seen Clara this fired up. It brought a small smile to her face though, as it reminded her of how Clara used to be before the accident. Clara had always been the one who would stand up to others and defend them. Including June. It was really inspiring. However, it was crazy how she could so easily stand up for others but couldn't stand up for herself.

Now that it was settled, they all made themselves comfortable in Clara's lounge, each holding a cup of tea. William still couldn't bear to look Clara directly in the eyes, somewhat embarrassed of what had transpired. Thus, Harry was the one who took charge of the conversation.

"Okay, so now that we've all um... greeted each other, let's move on to the issue at hand," Harry spoke in a nervous tone. He wasn't sure how well Clara was going to handle the news but since June seemed to give her a lot of comfort, he hoped she might help in case things went sideways.

"We got the 2nd blood results back," Harry paused, not really knowing how to continue.

"And?" Clara prompted setting her tea down on the lounge table.

"And they of course confirmed again that you are our sister," Clara let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. "However, I have to admit that we haven't been completely truthful with you." Clara and June exchanged glances unsure of where this was going.

"What do you mean?" Clara asked, a bit puzzled.

"Umm, well, while we did do the blood results to confirm the first one, we also wanted to compare your DNA with someone else's." Clara only grew more confused. "I didn't know it at the time but Will–" he glanced at his brother, who still was not participating in the conversation– "seemed to have this theory. When the first test results came back, we noticed something peculiar.

"You seemed to share 38 percent of our DNA, when half siblings are typically supposed to only share 25 percent. I didn't think much of it at first until I found out that Will was comparing your DNA with another familiar person." It was Clara's turn to look at Will who sat squirming under her gaze. "I did my own investigating and was finally able to find out the truth from my dad."

Clara's head whipped back to face Harry again. She must've misheard him. "Your dad?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah. He was the one that told me that the 2nd blood results came back." June's eyes grew wide, as she started understanding what Harry was telling them. With a warm gaze he took hold of Clara's hands and delivered the news gently. "Clara, you share 49 percent of your DNA with him."

Clara gasped and took her hands back. "What?" At this moment, William finally decided to speak up and say what he was so hesitant to say before.

"You're our full sister, Clara. Your dad is our dad. Prince Charles."

Sorry for the late update but I hope you guys liked it! If you did please comment, vote, and/or  share! Thanks.