12: Home-Alone

I pulled off towards the sidewalk, parking in front of Ruby's house. I reached in the backseat to grab my bag that's loaded with spare clothes, then opened the door to exit the car. I felt specks of cold water fall on me, looking up to see the gloomy sky.
"I hope it's not locked.." I mumbled to myself, dragging myself to the front door with fingers crossed that I wouldn't look like an idiot trying to get into a locked home.
I placed my hand on the door knob, slowly turning it until I heard a click, the door creaked open. I let myself in, closing the door behind me, guiding myself down the dark halls of the house into Ruby's room, placing my stuff down on his bed. I took out my phone charger, plugging it into the wall, and slipped in my airpods, making my way back down the hall into the kitchen.
"No wonder why he went to the store," slipped out my mouth as I opened the fridge. I closed the door back, looking around.
I hadn't exactly memorized the place when I came over last night so looking at everything, really looking at everything, i saw new things i hadn't noticed before. Little pictures.. and big bullets. Crumbs of weed here and there. Honestly a typical home in Louisiana, or at least this part. The thought amuses me.
I made my way to the living room, turning on a lamp to let a little light in, but it was very dim. A loud noise shook me up as I peeped out the window. The sky was covered in thick dark clouds now. Mesmerized by the sky, another loud noise startled me, though not the same one like thunder.
cha-chink.
"Ima give you a fuckin second for you to turn around witcho hands out, or ima have to make a mess on my motha fuckin floor. and if i have to do that ima forreal be pissed then," Followed the sound of the cocked gun.
"ight chill," I said, moving my hands from the curtain of the window to my sides, turning around, but my eyes met something far more interesting than the weather outside.
Even with a gun pointed towards me I couldn't help but focus on how he towered over me. In the dim light I could see the trails of tattoos that covered his skin. Piercing blue eyes that are more intense than the gun aimed at me, so vibrant, they were the only things peeking out of the darkness. His stern look slightly dropped as his eyes met mine, most likely confused at the fact that I was admiring him than the fact that I possibly was about to get shot.
"who the fuck are you?" He asked stridently.
"I'm old friends with Ruby.. unless this is the wrong house," I answered somewhat sarcastically.
"How you got in here?" He asked, aiming the gun to the door.
"Unlocked," I said monotone. He let his arm fall to his side, looking down at the gun, turning around to place it on the wooden coffee table that sat right in front of the sofa.
"mmh," he grunted, probably feeling awfully stupid. I still was looking at him as his back was towards me.
"You a crazy bitch," the man gruffly spat out.
"Question or statement?" I asked, looking towards the floor now, a smirk fell upon my face.
"Could be either or shawty. You are a crazy bitch fa' not flinchin' at a gun pointed towards you, an' walkin in someone house jus cause it's unlocked, you plannin to do some stupid shit?" He asked, stand-offish.
"It's a grey day," I answered, drawing the curtains back a little bit, letting whatever was left of light fall into the living room, casting upon this man to give me a better view.
"Grey day?" He repeated back as a question, turning around to meet my eyes, but I kept them on the outside world.
"Grey day? Grey days are great days to chill inside and get fucked up," I shrugged. I turned back to meet his eyes, waiting for a response.
"I like dat.." escaped his mouth after a minute of loud silence, "Maybe you not as bad as I thought you was finna be," He huffed with a little head tilt.
"For sure not bad enough to get my fuckin guts blown out," I chuckeled.
A wave of relief fell upon me that there could be a possible chance it wouldn't be awkward waiting for ruby to come back. I walked over to the couch, falling into the cushions and laying back. I grabbed the remote and clicked on the tv.
"I'm scrim," The man said, rubbing the back of his neck as he stared at the floor, still in the same position he'd found me in practically.
"Oh, no shit? Y'all all got nicknames, you got a name like Aristos?" I teased, keeping my eyes locked on the tv, clicking through the guide to find a good show playing.
"Nah, it's Scott," he replied.
"oh, well.. better than Aristos, I swear I couldn't pronounce it for shit at first," I teased.
"Yea, you get fucked up?" Scrim asked me. I turned looking towards him, the noise of the couch notified him that my view had shifted, he turned his head to meet my gaze.
"Do you get fucked up?" I said cockily.
A glimpse of a smile appeared on his face, revealing his ridiculously perfect teeth and smile. The eye contact broke from me looking, which made his smile even bigger.
"Your limit?" He asked, his smile, turning into a sneer.
"When you pass out first," I picked.
"You tryna challenge me or sumthin shorty? Cause thassa game you not goin' win,"
"Wanna bet?" Shot out my mouth.
A deviant grin spawned upon his face as he slowly made his way towards me, placing himself next to me on the couch, "Just cause you can keep up with Ruby.... doesn't mean you can keep up with me shuga," He said almost whispering.
I tried my best to not let my face burn up as bad as it wanted to, i nodded my head still looking at the tv, feeling the burning sensation of his eyes scanning me, "well i guess we'll see," I shrugged.