1. Rumor And Mystery

"Have you heard of the rumor?"

"The one about the eerie castle in the woods?"

"Yes, it is said that once u walk in, you'll never come out"

"Man, that rumor still gives me the creeps"

"It's just a rumor, it's not real"

"How do you know that?"

"Because no one has lived to tell the tale"

------

Leaning back on the chair, I buried my face into the book I was currently holding very closely to my face.

I do not mean to eavesdrop but all this about a castle instantly caught my attention. Having just read about a love story between a prince and a princess, of course a silly rumor about a castle would peak my interest. It's like I'm in the fantasy novel I was just reading!

Now I just need a handsome prince- who am I kidding, I can't even score anyone.

"The rumors say that it's in the deepest part of the forest right behind this building. It's very hard to locate so you might want to-"

"Could you please keep it down!"

The lady of the library whisper yelled at the two girls who were talking oddly loud about the castle in the woods.

But wait so you might want to what? Oh come on! Couldn't the lady yell at them after she was done talking?? Ugh, and it was getting interesting too!

They apologized to the lady and quickly left after collecting their things. I let out a heavy sigh and moved the book away from my face.

Looking around the room, there wasn't that many people in here. Just the lady at the front counter. A girl sitting on the floor with a book. And 2 guys in the corner of the store doing homework. Then there was me, seated at a table near the end since I don't like sitting near the entrance or the middle.

I looked at the book I took once again and flipped to the next page. I was 3 sentences in until I was interrupted by a butterfly. It flapped its wings in front of me and sat on my book. It had beautiful dark blue wings with little white dots that makes it look like a night sky filled with stars. I stared at it for a good 10 seconds until it flew away, my head following and observing.

It flew around in the air for a few seconds until it landed on a book.

The book was lying on the ground, half of it was pushed underneath a shelf and half was sticking out

The book was lying on the ground, half of it was pushed underneath a shelf and half was sticking out. I went towards it and reached out only for the butterfly to flutter away. Grabbing the book I started observing it.

It had leather cover and was covered in dust. Nothing was on it, no title, no patterns no anything. All the other books either had the title on the cover or patterns. But this book had neither, it was just empty at the front and back.