6. Suffer

"One"

Footsteps.

"Two"

Screams.

"Three"

...It is here.

------

Rubbing my eyes, I look at the book in my hand. Unable to focus on reading, or anything.

It's been 2 weeks and I still haven't been able to get proper sleep. I wake up every single day with only getting about 2 hours of sleep, due to the nightmares. And it has only gotten worse day by day.

I come to this library hoping to find a book that could somehow distract my mind from the lack of sleep. But even now, my eyelids closes on it's own and it feels like I am using every bit of my energy to open them.

I put the book on the table in front of me and push it away a little. I then lay my head on the table, turning to the side.

My mind wonders off as I stare into nothingness.

I sometimes wish I could have someone to call my own. But everyone's taken. Even if I gain someone, they'll always have another they'd much rather have as their 1st choice. It saddens me everytime knowing, I'll never even be a choice. That is why I keep from making friends.

I guess that time will never come. I mean, who would even want to be friends with me?? I think anyone would rather jump off a cliff twice, then talk to me.

I should probably stop slandering myself-

I was forced out of my mind when a loud BANG rang in my ears, it made me jump up to see what the hell pulled me back to this dreadful reality.

"You look fresh"

Raising an eyebrow, he sits down on the chair right beside me.

Oh it's him. The one who I gave the key to.

I look at the pile of books in front of me, and then back at him.

"Oh it's you"

I simply reply and lay my head on the table again, closing my eyes.

"Well nice to see you too. Thank you for asking I've been doing fine, what about you?"

He said every word with utter sarcasm that I even felt it in my brain, if that's even possible-

After not receiving a reply- or anything at this point from me, I feel him laying a cold, thin object on my head. Letting out a groan, I lazily took the item from on top of my head. I fidget with it until I realize what it is. I then raise my head to look at the man, sitting in front of me.

He was wearing a blank expression, an unreadable one. Staring at me with such emptiness almost made me feel like I was going to get scolded for doing something bad.

"What is i-"

He immediately cut me off, not even letting me breathe at this point.

"It didn't work"

He spoke with a complete serious tone as if I wanted to be here in the first place.

"What"

"It didn't seal the gate"

I gave him a confused look and got a sigh in return.

"It didn't seal the gate of Wonderland"

As soon as he finished speaking, I was just there thinking "what the fuck did I sign myself into".

"Okay listen here buddy. I haven't gotten enough sleep for the past many days, so do not even start with your cosplay phases and save them for someone who actually enjoys it"

Although it was rude, I couldn't care less at this point. Look, I've been running on caffeine and 0 hours of sleep for like 4 months and so I really very couldn't care less if I was being mean or not.

I let out a sigh and he lets out a chuckle. Perfect timing for some weird reason.

"Okay listen here girl. I have no idea what sick joke you're thinking about, but all of this isn't a joke- of course, I should have known. A weak human like you will think everything as a joke"

... And I thought I was mean. His words slapped me multiple times and used thunderbolt like Pikachu.

"Excuse you! You're the one making everything seem like a joke. You cosplay, you lie, you threaten and I don't even know your name!"

I stood up from my chair and glared at him. How dare he?! Even the chair tilted and fell to the ground.

"Why is my name so suddenly important??? I thought all you ever cared about was absolutely nothing"

He raised his eyebrow and also glared back at me while his posture and voice stayed calm as ever.

I opened my mouth to speak but immediately got shushed by the librarian. And then we got kicked out. Now here we were standing outside in a cold windy day.

"Had you not yelled at me, we would have settled it"

He crossed his arms on his chest and looked at me. Giving him a glare, I let out a heavy sigh.

I shouldn't have yelled. Now I've got a headache, like everyday for the past few months ever since I haven't gotten sleep. I was too tired to argue even though I had more to say. It doesn't matter, I'll just beat him up one day.

I turned around and started walking home slowly since I felt like I could tip over any second now.

"Hey! You're not gonna escape me again"

He yelled and firmly grabbed my wrist, stopping me from walking further. Turning my head, I lazily look at him.

He had opened his mouth to say something but immediately closed it the next second. He then proceeded to stare into my eyes with his everybrows crashed into each other. Finally there's emotion in this guy. I was starting to think he was a robot or something. An alien was also an option.

"You're dying"

He finally spoke after like 5 minutes of silence. Finally this guy said something.

Wait...

WHAT?!