Prologue

"Their asking you back Ahsoka." Anakin reached in him pouch at his belt. "I'm, asking you back. He held out his hand, and in it was my Padawan braid.

I looked at it and at Anakin, then back to his hand. My hands trembled when I reached for it. I stopped with my hand hovered over it. Should I? But, I was betrayed, they didn't trust me. I placed my hand on his and my other hand curled his fingers to close his hand.

I looked back at him and I saw confusion. "I'm sorry master, but I'm not coming back." My voice cracked with pain.

I let go of his hand and turned to the door and walked out. I sensed Anakin's sadness but I tried not to think about it. I walked outside and I heard Anakin calling me.

"Ahsoka! Ahsoka wait! Ahsoka I need to talk to you!" Anakin yelled to me.

I wanted to ignore him, but in his voice I could tell he was really hurt. I stopped walking and turned to face him with my head down.

"Why..are you doing this?" Anakin said softly.

I lifted my head. "The Council didn't trust me, so how can I trust myself?" I looked to the side and crossed my arms over my chest.

"What about me? I stood by you! Ahsoka you are making a mistake." Anakin shook his head.

I looked at him. "Maybe, but I have to sort this out on my own. Without the Council, and without you." My voice was strong at first but it went soft again. I turned around.

"I understand, I understand wanting to walk away from the Order." Anakin's voice was soft.

I slightly looked over my shoulder. "I know."

I walked away from him. I walked away from the Temple. And I shed one tear. One for the pain of betrayal. One for my friends. And one for my master, Anakin Skywalker.