Some memories

Sam is driving now. I asked " Sam do you still believe him to be the culprit?"

"What makes you think he is not? And please don't mention about tears. If that man shows a bit remorse for hurting you, you can't rule out the fact that he killed our mother."

"Did you forget how much he loved her?"

" Did you forget how they had fights for past few months? And also don't forget the fact that he mixed something on our sandwiches. You didn't eat them so you were consious that night and that is the reason you woke up when our mother screamed. I was drugged. Johan was panicked seeing you awake which was not a part of his plan. He pushed you away towards the wall."

I didn't have any counter. Everything that she said was true. There was some fights between mom and dad which we hid from the police.

3 months ago

We were on the table for dinner, waiting for Sam. As the academic year was ending she was busy with some stuff. Normally Sarah and Johan would chat a lot about their day, but it was silent today which made me uncomfortable. Actually they were having minimal talks for last few days. So I initiated the conversation and now that I think of it, it was a mistake. I said "Today Olivia had came over and we had fun together. We went to the woods ....."
Johan replied " The woods are not safe for you. I have warned you many a times not to go there but still.... If I was the one who was at home with you I would have stopped you kid's. Nevermind. I would manage you too even with the hectic schedule in office. Let everyone else take rest here."
It was obviously a taunt for mom, so now can she stay quiet? She replied to me but it was directed to dad "I don't chill at home Kat, who do you think does all these households? Even the food in your mouth is because I cook them."
Dad was just having a bite when mom said that and this comment of hers made him so upset that he left the dining table. This never happened before. I never saw him annoyed to this extent. Strange thing was Sarah didn't even stopped him. I knew this fight didn't start today it just got ugly today. It all started some weeks earlier and I don't know the reason. I thought of asking dad to join us again but it would be like choosing a side, and I would always be on team Sarah. Just then Sam came in and mom asked her to join.
" Is dad not having dinner with us?"
Sarah said "He was tired because of his hectic work schedule so finished his meal soon."
Okay so Sarah decided to keep it a secret, and I would be with her in every decision. I hid it from Sam as well. And Sam even seems more cold nowadays.
There was something which everyone was keeping a secret.

Present

I think of that fight but that is no reason for a murder. Every couple fight but not everyone kills their partner. I thought of sharing this incident with Sam but would that mean I betrayed Sarah? And also it would just make Sam hate Johan more.

We were home. Sharon was back too. She had a chat with Sam and went away. It is her home but she is never home. Sam approached me and said "I have some work outside and you would be here with Mrs. Jones, so behave and don't cause her much trouble." I asked her where she was heading and she replied "Job hunt". I am now alone. Finally alone from Sam. I got ready, said mrs. Jones that I am going to meet a friend and left to my home. I was walking by foot so it took long to reach there. As I got near, memories started flooding. As I made my way past the forest, memories of me and Olivia running, us laughing. When I got near the pond memories of Sarah and me making drawing in the mud, Sarah trying to splash water on me.... Now I reached the entrance of our house , there is a sign which states DO NOT ENTER, but this entrance takes me to another memory lane where I and Sam used to sit here, waiting for dad and when we did spot him we used to race towards him, the first one to reach him would receive a chocolate from Johan. Sam won every time cause she would start running before me. I used to get upset but dad would always bring a extra candy and let me have it after Sam leaves. Johan is a cool person and he knows how to handle us. I was so lost in the memories that I forgot it is already dusk and I had to be home before Sam.

I started running towards Sharons home and was hoping Sam to be still out, just then I saw her along with Jacob just outside the door. They were hugging each other and Sam was all tears and she said " I am soooooo glad Jack. You would be alright now. This is such a happy news."
"It is only possible because of you."
I didnt know the context behind this talk but Sam seemed genuinely so happy and relieved, I didnt wanted to interupt them, but i had to get inside too before her. She is standing in that godamn door blocking the way. I was thinking of a way to get past them when she noticed me.
"Kat what are you doing outside I asked you be in and be a good girl."

" I asked her to go outside and fetch some eggs cause I was baking some cake, but Kat returned empty hands which means the shop might be closed.'

Who is this angel saving me from the devil. Oh it is Sharon. She just came up with a fake story and saved me. I wonder why. But it was in my favor so I did not mind. Sharon asked Jacob to join us too and enjoy the cake which she was baking. Sharon is such a sweet person, I just misjugded her. We had some good time together and then went to bed and Jacob went back to his house. I had to confront Olivia too about her strange behaviour.

Next day

"Why are you acting strangeeee???"
Is the question Olivia asking me.