Clarity

The plan was simple. Sharon would provide me with the anesthesia. Her mother works at the hospital so it is easy for her to get hold of them. I had to mix it with any food Sam would consume. As we would sleep in the same room, it would be easy for me to finish the work. I had to wait till 3am as it is the time of Satan. At sharp 3 I had to stab her once in the heart. Everything would have been fine after that.

I was a bit nervous. But I had to do it for Sarah. I can't lose her, she is precious and also I had to free Sam.

But thing's didn't go as planned

PRESENT

"She is suffering from Dissociative amnesia. A mental illness where a person supress some traumatic memories from their life and replaces it with something else."

"So that is the reason she forgot about any memory regarding the cult and the night." Said Sam

"Yes, she suppressed everything which was traumatic to her. Her mind became defensive against all the traumas."

I open my eyes and see dr Emma and Sam talking to each other. I can't meet her eyes. But she did notice me

"Hey you are awake. How is your head now?"

"Sam stop caring about me even after you know all the truth. It hurts me more."

"Shut up. I would care for you always. I have promised Sarah."

"And I am the one to kill her." I am sobbing now.

"Kat don't say that. It was an accident."

"But my intention was to stab you." I am still looking at my palms. It is shaking. Hands were placed on my palm. It is warm. Sam placed her hands

"You were manipulated." She is sobbing too. "You were manipulated by my bestfriend"

"Sharon." I forgot about her, that is the reason I hated her after the night. I didn't remember anything but I was not happy to stay with her "Sam where is she?"

"She is with us, and don't worry you would be joining her too." Said inspector Mathew.

"No inspector she is innocent." Pleaded Sam

"No, Sam I would accept any punishment. Even if you forgive me I won't be able to forgive myself. But I need some answers from Sharon."

"You would be charged for second degree murder. Once your treatment is done, you would soon be taken with us. As you are a minor your name won't be made public." said inspector Mathew.

I am not stressed about it. It is fine by me. Sam was talking to inspector so that I would atleast have minimum sentence. They both went outside the ward and Olivia entered.

"Cat, you remember everything now. I am so sorry."

"Olive its okay. You were scared of the vow. I understand it."

"No cat, after the incident when we first met at school, I thought it was not the best time to bring up the topic as you lost your mother. After lectures when you ran out of the class I found it weird, as we walked to the Black moon cult together and it was compulsory to be there everyday. We had meetings to attend. So I stopped you and reminded you to join but your reaction made me confuse and you just said it loud infront of Samantha which made me panic. I found it very strange, so I questioned you the very next morning, but before you could have answered anything, Sharon and Sam passed by our class. While you were talking to Sam, Sharon cornered me and said that you don't remember any of the incident and it was better that way. She asked me not to mention about it to you. Kat, it was the first time I was hiding things from you and it did hurt me a lot. That day when I said you it was someone close to you, I meant Sharon. I was scared to take her name cause she was just next to you. I am so sorry."
I can see that she is genuinely sorry about the things. I can't blame her. It was my fault anyways.

"Olivia you have been a good friend to my sister. I appreciate that." Sam is back.

"Sam! I still have many questions. Why did you have the book? Whom did you meet in the wood's? Where were you during the night? Who hit me in the head?"

"Calm down my sister. I would let you know everything..."