t w o

***

***

"You won't tell will you?" Six questioned as he pulled out a piece of gum. I chuckled shook my head.

I took the wrapper. We were sitting at the table, talking about nonsense. He had suspiciously checked around outside and inside with a flashlight.

There's something he and my dad are keeping from me.

I took the pen I was previously using and wrote a note on the gum wrapper 'Hi'

I handed it to him and he furrowed his eyebrows. He handed me a piece of gum and I gladly took it. He kept the wrapper and grabbed the pen and began writing on it.

I grabbed the wrapper to read it 'Goodbye' was all it said I looked back up at him to see him biting back a smile.

"Asshole" I scoffed.

"Claires asleep. I'm going out for a bite" the housekeeper said before she headed out the door.

"She likes you" I sighed. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Claire" I clarified. He nodded slowly.

"And you?" he asked humorously. I was glad I could get him to loosen up a bit around me.

"Oh, between you and me? I can't stand this number guy. I mean, who does he think he is?" I scoffed jokingly. A ghost of a smile was on his face.

"Why not? He too much for you?" he asked, his face seemingly coming closer to mine.

"Meh, I'm too much for him" I shrugged my voice hardly above a whisper as our faces were dangerously close. My heart was about to leap out of my chest.

"Scar? Mr. Six?" Claire's weak voice sounded. We quickly backed away from each other and our heads turned towards Claire. Who had collapsed.

"Somethings wrong" she gasped. I shot up out of my seat and hurried over to her. Six ran up behind me and placed his hand on her head.

"Start the car" he panted. I nodded and quickly got the keys out of the bowl, hurriedly pulling the car around for six to get in the passenger seat, cradling Claire in his arms. I could hardly think straight. She was hyperventilating, clutching her chest.

"Hang in there, Claire bear" I whispered frantically.

No more words were spoken as I drove, much like a crazy person to the nearest hospital.

We stormed into the hospital, quickly handing her over to the doctors. They rushed her back to a room whilst I sat, anxiously fiddling with my fingers.

Six just stood, leaning against the wall. He always managed to look so mysterious.

***

"She's stabilized" the doctor explained to the houekeeper. I let out a breath of relief "Tell Donald there was a programming glitch. We were able to repair it, non-invasive. The remote system flagged it ten minutes before they pulled up"

My eyes were puffy from the tears I had been holding back for the past hour. Six sent me a small smile and I managed to send one back.

"We can keep track of her pacemaker from just about anywhere" she continued.

"Thank you. I'll let him know" she nodded. My eyes drifted over to Claire. She's had many surgeries and scares it's just very stressful. She's only 13.

Everyone left the room besides me and Six, who stood at the door. He placed a hesitant hand on my shoulder.

Claire, being Claire held up a rock on sign with her hand. I snickered and sent one back. And Six, being Six just nodded. He's so... Hesitant with everything. It seems like he's scared to get comfortable with us.

***

Me and Claire sat at the table, I had fixed us both ice cream sundaes. I offered one to Six but he of course denied and chose to sit at the table and stare at whatever was on his laptop.

"You feeling better?" he asked Claire, catching me by surprise. She sighed and rested her head in her hand.

"Just another Thursday" she shrugged. I frowned and placed a hand on her shoulder. She sighed and picked up another spoonful of ice cream.

"Scarlett and Donald say this is the best medicine. Ice cream" she said. I smiled, recalling all the times she felt unwell, or if it was after surgery we'd give her ice cream. It really is the best medicine "tend to agree"

"Well, they're both very smart people" Six nodded. A small grin grew on my face.

"Flattering" I chuckled as I grabbed my bowl and headed over to the sink. I washed my dish and dried my hands.

A small smile grew on my face as I heard Claire playing our favorite record, Silver Bird.

I chuckled and went to go to her room but I was pulled into the corner, a hand covering my mouth and nose. I threw my head back, I smirked when I heard the crack of his nose. He covered his mouth to hide his grunt before pulling his gun on me.

He wrapped his large arm around my neck and pulled me back.

"Six" I tried to yell but it come out as nothing but a squeak. The intruder was cutting my air off.

The man began pulling me along with him as he backed out of the corner, not expecting to see Six.

Six looked at me for a split second, he looked furious. I winked at him and lifted my foot, harshly kicking the man somewhere he really didn't want to be kicked. I ducked down and Six began taking him on, trying to disarm him of the gun.

After taking some harsh punches the intruder shoved Six, making him bump into the table.

I ran forwards and jumped up, wrapping my legs around his neck. I brought my arms together and elbowed his head a couple of harsh times before he passed out. I quickly unwrapped my legs from around his neck and landed in a squat.

Six reached his hand down to help me up, I gladly took it and stood up. My eyes landed on a certain someone standing in the doorway, looking very shocked.

"You were pretty-" he stopped, his eyes following mine.

I hastily brushed my now messy hair out of my face. Her record was still playing faintly.

"Is everything okay?" she asked. Me and Six shared a look.

"Yeah. Broke a bowl" he said, holding up a broken piece of glass. I nodded in agreement. I glanced down at the unconscious man and tapped Six's leg. He moved over, attempting to cover his feet that were sticking out.

Dad made it clear he never wanted Claire to know anything about his line of business.

"You sure you're all right?" she asked, looking me in the eyes.

"Yeah" I nodded.

"Just another Thursday" Six sighed. Claire looked scared, who knows what all she saw.

"You should go to bed" I sighed. Her eyes moved back and forth between me and Six.

"Goodnight," me and Six said in unison.

"Night"