s e v e n

I listened to Atlantis by Seafret while writing this. It brought me to tears... Anyway. Enjoy and don't forget to comment!

 Enjoy and don't forget to comment!

***

I fiddled with my hands as Miranda drove. I can't believe I watched that little boy die. I tried to save him. I covered my mouth as I let out raspy coughs, hurting my chest every time.

"Scarlett-"

"There was a little boy with his sister trapped in a car back there. I tried to save them both. But, I failed. He hadn't even hit double digits yet. Their parents just left them there" I sniffed, staring out the window "it should have been me" I whispered.

"You can't change what happened" he sighed. Six was never one for sentiment. So the very few times he did show it, I knew it meant something.

"No, I can't" I whispered shakily "but it doesn't make it better"

My mind wandered to what Margaret had said "Six there's something I have to tell you. Well... Both of you I guess" I'd like to consider me and Miranda friends since we'd been in total hell together today.

"If you say you have to pee in going to hurt you" Miranda chuckled dryly. When she saw I was being serious her face fell serious as well.

"Six, you remember me telling you about how I don't have a spleen? It got cut out?" I used quietly. He furrowed his eyebrows and nodded slowly "I haven't been entirely truthful with everyone, not even my dad" my bottom lip quivered at the thought of my dad. I don't even know if he's alive right now.

"Not only did not having a spleen make it easier to get sick. The rest of your life is not promised after removal" I stated, staring out the window "it's been around 7 years now. The day before everything happened, my doctor told me I had 3 days... Max. I refused to stay there. I expected to go out in peace, watching the sunset maybe"

Six's eyes became glossy as he ran his hands over his face. He shook his head slowly. As if he didn't want to believe me. But he knew it was the truth. The coughing lately, when I collapsed before we fell into the trap door.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked quietly as he stared down at the floor. I bit my lip as I looked out of the window "why didn't you tell Fitz?" his voice cracked a bit and I sighed shakily.

"I didn't want you guys to worry. To pity me" I stated. My last days on Earth.

Miranda's face killed me "you're telling me I find my first friend and you're- you're" she stopped herself with a deep sigh. I'm not ready to go. Ever since that first day at the hospital 7 years ago I've known that this day would come. But I've never been truly ready for it. And I never will be.