4. THE ACCIDENT

ू ₒ ु  ───  » » »   ↳ episode two ↴

               ू ₒ ु  ───  » » » ↳ episode two

WILL AND MELANIE had a lot of fun. The two kept skating till they were tired. After the four skated, they got milkshakes. However, Eleven was still telling Mike all these lies. But Melanie and Will knew they weren't true at all. The Byers children wanted to tell Mike about it, but they just never got a chance.

"Yup, mine's better," the Wheeler boy said to his girlfriend. "No, it isn't!" the Hopper girl argued. Will and Melanie kept eyeing Eleven to see if she would finally tell him the truth.

"Milkshakes?" a familiar voice said. The four turned to see a blonde girl with her friends behind. "Yum," the girl said, eventually reaching the table.

"Where, oh where have you been hiding this handsome thing?" she said, gazing at Mike. Melanie and Will turned to each other. Eleven looked at Mike. "Uh, Angela, thi.. this is Mike, my boyfriend,"

Angela held out her hand. "Angela. Pleasure," the Wheeler boy shook her hand. Melanie glanced over at Eleven, who was looking down. "Heard a lot about you. It's really cool to finally meet some of El—"

Melanie widened her eyes. "Jane's friends," Mike corrected himself. Angela's group chuckled, exchanging glares. "Friends?"

The blonde chuckled. "Yeah. Super cool," Angela leaned down. "Come on, friend." she held out her hand. "Let's skate, shall we?"

"I wanted to finish—" Jake leaned over Angela, grabbing Jane's milkshake. "I'll hold onto that,"

Melanie saw how Angela looked at Jake. She knew she couldn't be thinking like that, so she just shrugged it off. Angela grabbed El's hand, taking her to the rink. "Come on,"

Will stood up as Melanie moved near the end of the chair. She rested her hand on top of it. The two Byers watched as they took off.

Melanie and Will eyed them carefully to see if they would do anything. Melanie turned to Will. "Oh no." Mike stood up. "What?"

"El, she hasn't been telling you everything," Will quickly said, but the other two were able to comprehend. "What are you talking about?" the Wheeler boy questioned.

Melanie rolled her eyes. "She's lying to you!" Mike was in unbelief. "Bullshit," Melanie groaned. "No, listen to us!" Will said, turning to the rink.

"She's having problems here," Will glared at Mike. "Problems. Okay, what kind of problems," he questioned.

"All right, everyone." the boy at the counter said, stopping the music. Will, Mike, and Melanie turned to the boy. "This next song is dedicated to Jane, the local snitch,"

The boy turned on the light, but only where Jane was. He next turned on a different song. All the attention was on Jane. Everyone started mocking her and calling her names.

The three turned to each other with worried looks before looking back to the rink. The boy known as Tommy took out a camera to record.

Melanie left the two boys alone, heading to the skating rink. She went on, trying to get to her sister. But everyone was just all over the place.

The girls began to conjoin hands, telling her to go back home. Melanie tried to push past everyone. She looked at Eleven, who was covering her ears as she cried.

Melanie could hear the words they were calling her. And she didn't like it. Suddenly, the music finally stopped.

But the only thing Melanie didn't expect was Jake throwing the milkshake on El, causing her to fall back on the rink. Everyone laughed at the image.

Melanie saw Angela skate to El and bend down. She made her way over to them and pushed Angela out of the way, which made her fall also.

Melanie grabbed El's hand and attempted to take her out of the rink. Everyone was trying to make sure they weren't.

✧──────✧

"Not there?" Will questioned as Mike came back from the girl's bathroom. "No," he shook his head. Melanie came running up to them. "Yeah, I can't find her," she said, out of breath.

Melanie inhaled. "I can't believe I lost her. She was with me one second, then the next she vanished," she exhaled. Will put his hand on her shoulder. "It's not your fault,"

"You two should've good me she was having trouble," Mike interjected, walking away. Melanie and Will turned to each other before catching up to him. "We didn't know they were gonna be here."

"Well, it is the most popular place in Lenora." Melanie shrugged her shoulders. "We just weren't thinking,"

"Yeah, but you two knew she was having trouble for like a year and didn't tell me," the Wheeler boy argued. Melanie groaned. "For the last time, we didn't know she was lying to you!"

"Which is why you two decided to be douches all day?" Mike argued. "We weren't being douches?" Will defended.

Mike stopped in his tracks, along with Melanie and Will. "You were. You two were rolling your eyes, moping, and barely talking. You guys basically sabotaged the whole day,"

"Well, she was lying to you, Mike." Will motioned to the boy in front of him. "Straight to your face, ever since you got here."

Melanie scoffed. "And we've been third-wheeling all day. I tried talking to you, but you were preoccupied with El. Will has been attempting to do the same. You just didn't listen, at all!"

"So, sorry if we weren't.. smiling." Melanie swallowed. "Yeah, whatever." Mike walked away, leaving them behind.

"Well, what about us." Will finally spoke. Mike turned around. "What?" Melanie and Will approached closer. "You're mad that we didn't talk to you?" Mike nodded.

"You made it super clear that you're not interested in anything we have to say," Will signaled toward his sister. "That's just not true," Mike denied.

"You've called maybe a couple times. It's been a year, Mike." the Wheeler boy stood there, listening to what Will was saying.

"Meanwhile, El has a book of letters from you," Melanie added. "That's because she's my girlfriend." Mike shook his head as he spoke. "And us?" Melanie folded her arms. "We're all friends. We're friends,"

"We all used to be best friends," Will claimed. Mike opened his mouth, but nothing came out. "Well, then maybe you two should've reached out more. I don't know."

"We should've reached out more?" Melanie scoffed. "What happened to you, Mike." the Wheeler boy looked down. He didn't respond.

All he did was sigh. "Let's just.. Let's just find El. Okay?" Mike walked away without looking back at them.

Will sighed as Melanie turned to him. "I'm going to look over there," she pointed toward the crowd. The Byers boy nodded.

Melanie walked over to the crowd of people, searching for El. She sighed as there was no sight of her. Melanie sat down by the nearest bench.

She saw Angela with her friends, laughing as they looked into the camera. Melanie sighed as there was still no sight of El. She stood up and walked back to Mike and Will.

Soon later, the boys and Melanie heard a scream. They turned around quickly. The three headed to the scene, pushing through everyone. Melanie's eyes widened as she saw the blonde girls nose.

The three stood there in shock. "Oh.. Oh my God." Will said, widening his eyes. Melanie glanced at El, before looking at Angela again. "What the fuck."

Mike turned to El. "Holy shit, El. What did you do? What did you do?" the Wheeler boy kept repeating the same question.