7. AGENTS LAZY AND LAZIER

ू ₒ ु  ───  » » »   ↳ episode four ↴

              ू ₒ ु  ───  » » » ↳ episode four

IT WAS THE NEXT day, and Joyce's plane had officially left. El was in jail, or at least that's what they thought. No one knew where she was or whether she was in danger. Melanie spent the whole night explaining the whole story to Angela. Melanie knew Angela wouldn't have believed her and clearly, she didn't, but Angela was willing to help them. In her words, it was the least she could do.

"I'm sorry. I'm having trouble understanding any of this." Jonathan told the people standing. "Aren't we all?" Melanie said, slouching on the couch.

"I mean, what exactly is going on in Hawkins? What's doing these killings?" Jonathan gave a sign with his hands as he spoke. "That's what we're trying to ascertain."

"Where is El, like, right now?" the Wheeler boy questioned, worried about his girlfriend. "For her safety, it's best you don't know."

"This is insane! This is insane!" Mike stood up. "So this training to get El's powers back, how long is it gonna take?" Melanie asked. Angela glanced over at Melanie, still not believing it.

"It could take weeks, could take months." "Months?" Will questioned in disbelief. "Until then, agents Harmon and Wallace will stay with you." The lady announced.

"We're not the ones in danger," Mike told them. "Our friends live in Hawkins." the Byers boy informed. "My family lives in Hawkins."

"Way to make it all about you, and I think she knows that Mike." Melanie looked up at Mike, who rolled his eyes. "I'll work to contain the situation until Eleven is ready."

"In the meantime, it is of vital importance you do not speak to anyone about this." Mike scoffed. "No. No way." "I know this is difficult to understand."

"You clearly don't," Melanie mumbled, loud enough for Will and Angela to hear. The blonde sent her a chuckle.

"It's not difficult. This is impossible." Melanie glanced up at Mike. "Yeah, for you." she snapped.

The woman stood up. "There are factions within our government who are working directly against Eleven, who are, in fact, searching for her as we speak. We can't risk contact."

Melanie sent her a 'c'mon look'. "If they learned about any of this, it will jeopardize Eleven. And if Eleven is jeopardized, so are your friends."

The woman's gaze shifted to the Wheeler boy. "And so is your family." Mike scoffed. "So, what? We're just supposed to trust that you're the good guys? Whoever you are?"

"Trust," Melanie repeated. "Didn't know you knew what that meant." the Wheeler boy stared at her, annoyed. "We're friends of Owens." the lady informed them.

Melanie glanced over at Will, putting her arm around him and pulling him close. The Greene girl looked at them. "Eleven trusted us."

"Now we're asking the same from you." everyone eyed the woman before bringing out a paper in her jacket. "For you." she handed the letter to the Wheeler boy.

Jonathan let out a sigh. The Byers girl took off her arm, watching as Mike went upstairs with the letter in his hand. Will laid back on the couch, signing heavily.

Angela put her hand on top of Melanie's, reassuring her. The Byers girl sent the blonde a warm and friendly smile.

                                    ✧──────✧

It was the next day. Melanie could hear the tv playing downstairs. She and the others had stayed up all night thinking about El, well, not everyone.

Will threw a ball at the wall, sighing. "I.. I mean, I don't think they've thought this through." he threw the ball at the ground before catching it.

Melanie and Angela watched him pace back and forth. "If this goes on for a month, or months, and people can't get a hold of us, they're gonna totally freak out."

"Meanwhile, mine and Melanie's mom's probably having a panic attack already." The Byers girl glanced at the Wheeler boy who was staring at the letter in his hand.

"And then what about Hawkins? That lady's supposed to keep it contained. Like you can contain any of this without El, I mean.." Melanie scratched the back of her neck. "You've got a point."

"Yeah." Mike blankly agreed. Will stopped in his tracks, sighing. "If you keep staring at that, it's not gonna change. You know?"

Melanie rubbed the tiredness out of her eyes as Mike looked up at Will. The Wheeler boy nodded his head at him. "Yeah. Yeah, you're right." he crumpled the letter, tossing it into the trash.

The blonde eyed the paper going into the trash. "When is he not right?" Melanie crossed her arms, receiving a glare from her brother. "Sorry, not the right time to be pissed, I know."

Will sighed, sitting down on the bed. Melanie glared at them. "I'll let you guys have your bromance moment or something." Angela and Will chuckled as Mike slightly smiled.

Melanie grabbed the blonde's hand, pulling her out of the room as she left the two boys sitting on the bed behind. The other two went into Melanie's room.

Angela sat down on the girl's bed, gazing around Melanie's room. "Thank you." Melanie thanked. The Greene girl furrowed her eyebrows. "For what?" she chuckled.

"For being with me during these times even if you don't believe me." Melanie chuckled, sitting down next to her. "It's honestly no problem, we're friends, right?" Angela smiled softly. Melanie nodded her head. "Yeah."

The Byers girl wrapped her arms around the girl next to her. They hugged for a moment before pulling away. Their faces were now inches closer than before.

Melanie changed the direction of her gaze down to the blonde's lips. The two both began to lean in slowly, getting interrupted by a knock at the door.

The door slowly opened, revealing one of the Byers boys. "Jonathan?" Melanie had a confused face as he pulled out a paper with a pizza on it.

Angela looked at the Byers girl as she wore a confused face. Melanie gave Jonathan an 'are you serious' glare.

lynn speaks!
Sorry for such a short chapter:(
Also, I started school today so that's fun..
And I'm sorry I haven't updated, I
haven't had the motivation.