trouble sleeping (N-R)

TW: none I think

Nat POV:
I was laying in bed with my girlfriend beside me. It's 2:10am and I tried sleeping for the last 4 hours but nothing works. I don't wanna wake y/n either, the last few days were really exhausting for her. She was on a solo mission for the last week, she was constantly up, always running or hiding or haunting someone. She couldn't get any sleep so I don't want to wake her because of something like that.

I cautiously sat up against the headboard trying not to wake her. I turned my head to the side and saw her sleeping peacefully, the bit moonlight which shone through the curtains made her look even more beautiful. I smiled down at her not believing that she is mine.

The time went on and I still couldn't sleep, I tried to read a bit, listen to the playlist y/n made for me with songs that would always calm my mind but nothing worked.

I sat in bed with my head resting in my hands while I was almost crying, all I wanted was to sleep, the week y/n was on her solo mission had me constantly worried cause y/n couldn't contact me or the team at all. It could have endangered the mission, so I never knew if she's okay or if was possible laying in some field and dying.

I took a deep breath telling myself that she is okay, she is peacefully sleeping beside and nothing can put her in danger right now. Suddenly I felt her moving beside me and for a second I thought I woke her up. I quickly laid down in case she would wake up and see me sitting here at 3:20am.

Y/n got up and went to the bathroom and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. A few minutes later she came back and it was quiet, she wasn't coming back to bed but I felt her presence.

"Nat, I know you're not sleeping" she whispered crouching in front of me and I could swear my soul left my body for a second. I opened my eyes and looked at her face which was full of worry. "what's wrong my love?" she asked gently stroking my cheek and that gave me the final push.

I sat up in bed and buried my face in my hands as the tears started falling.

Y/n POV:
I've never seen Nat in a state like this, we were in a relationship for like 3 years and yes she cried in front of me but she never showed herself this vulnerable. I instantly sat in front of her on the bed and pulled her into me after checking if she was okay to be touched. "It's okay Nat, what's wrong my love?" I asked gently and she just pulled me tighter.

After a few seconds, Natasha shuffled more forward and sat on my lap putting her legs around my lower back. I held her with one hand around her back while my other hand was on the back of her head.

We sat like this for like half an hour before I heard her cries die down, "Can you tell me what's wrong amor?", "my mind just won't shut up" she mumbled into my neck.

"Have you tried the playlist I made you?" I asked cause usually this always works. She nodded but then added "it didn't help this time"

I hummed and thought for a second before an idea popped into my head.

"Do you want me to sing for you?" I whispered and she nodded laying down. I laid behind her and put an arm around her waist, she grabbed my hand and pulled it up to her lips giving it a kiss.

Normally Nat always wants to be the big spoon but in situations like this she enjoys being the little spoon.

I thought for a second and decided on a song called 'Songbird', I really like this song and it's really calming. I quickly thought of the lyrics before starting to sing to her quietly.

For you, there'll be no more crying,
For you, the sun will be shining,
And I feel that when I'm with you,
It's alright, I know it's right

To you, I'll give the world
To you, I'll never be cold
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you,
It's alright, I know it's right.

And the songbirds are singing,
Like they know the score,
And I love you, I love you, I love you,
Like never before.

And I wish you all the love in the world,
But most of all, I wish it from myself.

And the songbirds keep singing,
Like they know the score,
And I love you, I love you, I love you,
Like never before, like never before.

I sang quietly and gently to Nat and when I was done I felt that her breathing became slower and calmer.

She held my hand close and was finally sleeping.

"Te amo mi amor" I whispered and gave her a little kiss on her head before closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep myself.

Heyyyy, so this is pure fluff just for you guys :). I really like this one and yeah, just let me know what you think. Stay safe and stay tuned bestiess<3
31/07/22
875 words