Chapter 21🌸

TW:
Please let me know if I missed any

Tommy

"Please let me go Tubbo!"

"No. For the last time, no!"

"We have to save Ranboo!" I argued desperately.

"Tommy, we don't even know where they are keeping him!" Tubbo said, typing away at his computer.

"Keeping him?"

"Yeah, they might've thrown him in prison, but my guess would be a hiding cell, so they could find out information." Tubbo replied, pulling up a picture.

"What can I do to help?" I asked. I just wanted to see my brother.

"I appreciate it, but I've got this." Tubbo said, not looking up.

I slammed a hand on the desk, gaining Tubbo's attention. "There must be something I could do." I said pleadingly, "I have to help save him."

Tubbo sighed, and went back to typing, talking as he did.

"Ok, the SBI interviews are today, you are going to present yourself there for the interview, you will have a body cam, and several of the bee cams on you. Let the bees out when you can."

While he was talking, I hurriedly got ready. I wasn't actually planning on going for the interview until now.

○ ○ ○

I stepped out of the train, and tugged down the collar of my shirt. It wasn't a fancy shirt, just a collared clean one.

I walked towards the building that may hold my brother hostage. I didn't like that idea, the image of my brother chained to a wall, his head hung low. I shivered, knowing that image happened at some point.

I walked in, and my ears flattened as I picked up the scent of cleaning chemicals. I took a few shallow breaths, and flicked my ears back up, running through my lines again.

My name is Thomas Simons, and I lived with my adopted brother and adoptive parents in District 16.

Simple enough.

I walked up to the receptionist, "Hi, I'm here for SBI interviews."

She looked at me for a second, "Aren't you a bit young for this?" Her Manburg accent was thick.

"Not at all." I said with a smile, making it glaringly obvious that I was from Logstedshire.

"If you say so!" She said cheerfully.

She gave me a small card, "Scan this in the elevator."

I nodded and walked away.

I let one of the small bees fly away before I got into the elevator.

This elevator was different from any elevator I've ever seen, there were no buttons, instead there was a small square of glass.

I looked at the card, it was a gray card that said interview, there was a QR code on the back.

I held the card up to the glass, and the elevator chimed, and started ascending.

I watched the number climb.

If it were any other scenario, I would've laughed at the sheer amount of people in the waiting room.

I wasn't here for a job, I was here for information.

I almost snorted at how many people had tailored suits on.

I get the first impressions, but half of these people were older than the heros themselves.

I probably got a few weird looks as I sat on one of the couches and began texting Tubbo.

He already called us off of work for the day, and Ranboo was out for a week.

I sighed, and pulled up Kit's number.

Tommy
Hey

Kit
What is it?

Tommy
What do you mean?

Kit
C'mon Theseus, you never text unless something happened.

What happend?

Tommy
Lethe was captured.

Kit
Alley, tonight when the moon is above the mountains. No gear.

Tommy
But.

Kit
We will talk later.

I shut off my phone with a sigh, no point in arguing with Kit.

It's ironic that I was joking about coming here 2 weeks ago, now I was here, in a place full of people who want to arrest me when the night falls.

A lot of people think of vigilantes as wannabe heros, some are, but most aren't.

Some hold a grudge against heros, while others are vigilantes to spite them. It's really interesting to ask other vigilantes why they are vigilantes.

I spun the bracelet on my wrist, cherishing the smooth, odd surface, and the edges of the red Garnet embedded in it.

Once 10:00 came around, names began being called.

Time ticked away as I worried for my brother, I knew Tubbo would think of a plan, I knew Kit would do everything they could to free Ranboo.

Kit was basically our parent for a time, even though she was only a few years older than us.

She is protective over the vigilantes like that.

"Thomas Simons?"

I stood up, and walked to the door. I don't want to treat the heros like their gods, but I also don't want to raise suspicious by absolutely failing.

I sat down, face to face with Jubilee.

This will be interesting.

_______________________________

The city is divided into provinces:

District 1-3 are Manburg

4-6 are Badlands

7-9 are Snowchester

10-12 L'manburg

13-15 Las Nevadas

16 Logstedshire

As you can tell, District 16 is the poor district that was tacked on at the end.