Chapter 31

TW dehumanization,
Please let me know if I missed any

Ranboo

Today Jubilee, Sparrow, Atlas, and another person walked into the white room.

I backed into a corner, I could trust Jubilee, but these were new people.

Sparrow pointed to the claw marks in the metal. Normally the deep glittering turquoise disappeared after a day or two, leaving just normal grooves.

But they weren't leaving, it was just like before.

Jubilee looked at me apologetically.

The new person walked up to me and put a finger on my chin, making me look up, but his green eyes held no hatred.

Instead he just looked kind, he turned back, and I realized he wore a smiley mask on the side of his head.

"He is Enderian." He muttered to Sparrow.

Sparrow strode over, anger glittering in his blue eyes. He gripped my chin, and forced my head up, his lips curling into a grin.

I barred my fangs, a growl rumbling from my throat.

"Aw, so brave for a prisoner. So brave for someone who wears an ability dampener around their neck like a collar."

The smile mask man walked away.

"Animals don't have voices. You are brave for something collared." The man spat at me.

"I understand you are a champion, but you are nothing outside of the ring. You are caged like the animals you are."

Jubilee came over, "Do NOT talk to him like that!" He shouted., angrily striding over to us. "He may be your prisoner, but that doesn't give you the right to be absolutely awful to him, he is a person too."

"And why not Jubilee?" Sparrow snapped.

"Because that would make you just as bad as them!" Jubilee replied coldly.

"What happened to you? What happened to the man that Atlas and I used to laugh with? Oh yeah! MY FRIEND! My friend who you ordered to be sent to Pandora's Vault! Do you not remember that?" Wilbur spat venomously.

"Jubilee, that was different, she is a danger."

"That's not who I'm talking about, but y'know what?! Let's talk about that!" He declared.

"My friend does more for this city than all heros combined! And you want to lock them up for it? Just because she 'didn't go to pristine hero school'. Do you know what she has gone through?"

"No, but-"

"But she's dangerous? How about I give you a smidget of what has happened to her?"

Jubilee took a deep breath. "She lost her parents to the mass shooting 16 years ago, and sat with them while the life drained from their bodies, and after walking 3 hours to an orphanage, was turned away because they were 'unnatural'."

He lowered his voice a bit more, "She raised herself from four years old, and I was the only person they trusted with their life."

Sparrow walked out of the room, and Atlas was staring from the door.

Atlas sighed, and walked out.

"I'm really sorry Astro." Jubilee said.

I looked down at my hands, and curled my claws in.

It's okay. I signed at some point.

"It's not."

If I was truly not okay with it, I would've snapped this collar. I ran a finger over it.

"Can you actually do that?" Jubilee asked with a note of interest.

I nodded, can I show you something?

He nodded, I tentively reached my hand out, and closed it around his wrist.

He shivered, and I pulled him over to the turquoise on the ground.

This, I gestured to the glittering vine like thing, spreads when blood is dropped onto it, or when something is killed within a meter of it.

Jubilee looked at it, and then back at me, "Can I touch it?"

I mean, it won't kill you.

Jubilee picked a bit of it up, it shriveled a little bit in his hands, losing its small glow.

I picked some of it up, and watched as it snaked up my arms, and around my chest.

I quickly sliced it off, and brushed it to the ground, watching the glittering vine like things litter the room's floor.

"Why does it do that?" Jubilee asked.

I don't really know.

"Do you have a name for it?"

I nodded, it was part of what the scientists called the "deep dark" part of me.

I call it sculk.

_____________________________

Last chapter of the summer!

Hello school, and anxiety, and stress!

I don't really know what is in store for either of my books.

I will try to upload this one every few days, depending on work.

And I will try to upload on I wish, (for anyone reading that one too) every week, if I can't do every few days.

Have a great day/night my friends!💙