Awake at last

Chapter 8 Awake at last

Miros pov

It's been three days since Nara sent for the spirit water.

"Gahh." I heard and turned my head. Zuko was clutching his hand and his dual swords were on the ground in front of him.

"Are you ok?" Nara asks while coming up from behind him.

"I'm fine.'' Zuko said through gritted teeth.

"Here let me see." Nara said gently. I walk over to the two.

"What happened?" I asked while Nara was healing Zuko's hand. She's been healing a lot lately. She's the only healer here. that's conscious anyway.

"I cut my hand on my dual sword. I see Nara look up from Zuko's hand. I can hear the gears turning in her mind. She knows Zuko well and from the short time I've known him I also know him well. Nara finishes with Zuko's hand.

"They're all set."

"Thanks.'' Zuko says then walks off.

"Somethings wrong with him and I think I know what it is." Nara says, turning to me.

"Oh?" I say questioningly. I know what it is but I want to hear her say it.

"It's Katara, he blames himself for what happened." she says and I know she's thinking it's her fault.

"It's not his fault and it's not yours either so stop thinking it is."

"I'm not thinking that." She lied.

"I know you're lying." I say crossing my arms over my chest.

"I hate you." she says jokingly.

"Feeling is mutual." I also say jokingly.

Zuko comes back with a bag of supplies, a letter, and a package. He puts the supplies by the other stuff, then walks over to Nara and drops the letter and package by her. She gives a confused look then opens the letter. I see her facial expression change from confusion to shock and joy.

"What is it?" I ask as Nara opens the package and pulls out a scroll and a water skin with northern water tribe symbols on them.

"It's the spirit water and a scroll on how to heal Katara." As Nara talks, I see Zuko stiffen and turn to us with a surprised face. Nara gets up from the ground, starts jogging over to Katara's tent and walks inside. I don't know what she's doing but she comes out almost as quickly as she went in. I'm guessing she put the scroll and water in the tent.

"Now we wait." she says as she walks back over to us. Nara looks over at Zuko and so do I. I see a little bit of hope in his amber eyes.

2 ½ weeks later

Kataras POV

I feel drowsy, sick, and my head hurts. But regardless I open my eyes. I see that I'm in a tent, my tent. I sit up and I feel this intense pain in my shoulder. That's when I realized what happened. I was struck by lightning. I stand up with shaky legs. I look to my left and see a water skin and a scroll. I don't think much of it. I walk out of the tent to hear laughter. I turn my head in the direction of the laugh. I see Zuko covered in water. His hair is sticking to his face covering his eyes. I can't help but laugh too. When I look back at a shocked Zuko he's moving the drenched hair out of his face. We lock eyes. He has surprise written across his face. Nara and Miro turn around to see me, their faces change from confusion to shock in a second.

"Katara?" Zuko mutters

"Yeah?" I ask.

"You're awake," he says with relief. The three of them walk over to me. Zuko is the first to hug me, then Nara, Miro just pat me on the back.