Part 2

Information gets sent through from the medical car that the patient is conscious and alert but heavily bruised and may require an X-ray.  You ready yourself as you wait, the adrenaline pulsing through your body.

Within minutes Arthur Leclerc comes in on a stretcher looking shocked, so as Dr Azil takes a handover from the medical car team you try to put him at ease.

"Hi Arthur, my name is y/n and I am one of the nurses. It was a big crash, how are you feeling?"

 It was a big crash, how are you feeling?"

"My shoulder hurts."  He grimaces in pain as he tries to sit up so you put your palms up indicating for him to lay back down.

"I'll check your vitals and then look at some pain relief with Dr Azil before he examines you, okay? I just need you to stay there for me."

You try to smile reassuringly but Arthur is in his own world, his face a mixture of anger and upset. As you set up observations Dr Azil comes over and discusses pain relief with Arthur, giving him something to help. 

"Right Arthur, hopefully that medication will be starting to work so would it be okay for me to begin the examination?"

Arthur nods and Dr Azil gets underway while you take notes. 

Suddenly the doors to the room fly open and a dark haired man in Ferrari jacket and jeans stands in the doorway.

"Where is he? Where's my brother?!"

"Jesus Charles, drama much? Let them do their job, I am alive

"Jesus Charles, drama much? Let them do their job, I am alive." Arthur smirks at his brother, his French accent and limited, but impressive, English brings a smile to your face.

"Hi, I'm guessing you're Arthur's brother then?"

Charles nods so you continue.

"I'm y/n, the nurse, and this is Dr Azil. He's just examining Arthur at the minute, but you are welcome to sit in the chair at the side of him.
We do only allow one person in while Arthur is being examined though, so if there is anyone else they will need to wait outside."

"Its only me this weekend. Our other brother is sick."

Arthur laughs, "Lorenzo's got errm, I don't know in English, varicelle, from our cousin."

"Ahh chickenpox! I bet he is suffering if he has that as an adult." Dr Azil says looking between the brothers.

"No, he's just grumpy and itchy," Charles says chuckling as he sits down in the seat next to Arthur.

You pick up your notes and Dr Azil proceeds with his examination when the door opens again. Dr Azil looks over at you to resolve the disturbance and continues to check Arthur.

 Dr Azil looks over at you to resolve the disturbance and continues to check Arthur

"Charles! You can't stay long, they are asking for you. You can't miss your race!"  Her face is red, which you assume is from running, and at the sight of her you notice Arthur close his eyes briefly in frustration.

"I have plenty of time Charlotte, I want to hear what the doctor has to say." Charles barely looks at her, focusing on what Dr Azil is doing.

You put down your notes and walk over to the young woman.  "Hi, I'm really sorry but friends and colleagues need to wait outside the room. If you could take a seat out there until we have an update that would be great."

"But I am family!" She barks back. You look between Arthur, Charles and the young woman confused, you just asked about family and Charles had said it was only him. Arthur and Charles are both talking to Dr Azil so have not heard the exchange.

"Okay but this is such a small room and the doctor is trying to examine our patient. He already has a family member with him so if I could please ask you to wait..."

Charlotte cuts you off quickly, "no, there is more than enough room!"

Charles realises she is still standing in the doorway, "please Char, just wait outside. I won't be long."

Charlotte huffs in your face and scowls before flouncing out the room. As you return to your notes you see Arthur relax.