Part 4

You grab the handles of Arthur's wheelchair and race off down the corridor. Arthur starts to laugh and cheer as you dodge patients and staff before arriving at the staff canteen.

"Have you ever been karting, I think you'd be pretty good. The way you went between all those people was impressive."

"No, it's never been something I've ever thought about, I'd probably enjoy it though."

Arthur looks through the doors before looking up at you puzzled but you just smile and continue into the canteen. "Okay, speeding through the corridors was fun but where are you going with this?"

You smile at him again, not giving anything away before heading up to the counter where a balding middle-aged man stands plating up cookies.

"Ahh y/n! I thought you were at Silverstone this weekend working the Grand Prix?"  He glances down and sees Arthur in his folded race suit and arm in a sling

"Ahh y/n! I thought you were at Silverstone this weekend working the Grand Prix?" He glances down and sees Arthur in his folded race suit and arm in a sling. "Oh right, I see. Hello young man, F3 is it?"

"Yes, thats right sir. Do you follow the racing?" Arthur says politely.

"When I can. So from the accent I'm guessing.. French?"

"Monagasque, but I will take French. Just don't let my brother hear me say that." Arthur chuckles to himself as you look between the two of them, completely lost on the joke.

"You are Leclercs brother." The man behind the counter chuckles.

"Thats right sir. Nice to meet you." Arthur holds out his good arm and the man leans over the counter to shake it.

"Arthur, this is Kevin, Kevin, Arthur."

"So what brings you here?" Kevin enquires, "a special frappe, by any chance?"

"Can you make it two please Kev? Arthur, its a y/n special that Kev will only make for me. I won't tell you what it is until you tell me if it's nice or not though. You don't have any allergies do you?"

"No, by if it is gross y/n, I won't forgive you." Arthur teases, looking back at you from the wheelchair.

Kevin returns with two frappes in hand and as you go to pay he shakes his head. "On the house for my favourite customer and the French Monagasque." Arthur laughs as you take the drinks, thanking him repeatedly.

"Here, I cant carry both and push the wheelchair. Try it now and see what you think." You fumble with straws before handing over one of the drinks to Arthur, who hesitates before taking a small sip.

"Hmm, okay. Thats actually pretty good, do I dare know what it is?"

"One morning after a night shift I couldn't decide if I needed a frappe or a mango cooler.. so its a mix of both with passionfruit sauce on top."

Arthur looks at you as if you are crazy. "That is the strangest combination but it works." He takes another sip before nodding in approval.

"Night shifts do strange things to a person. Right, one last stop." You stuff the cup carefully into your pocket before pushing Arthurs wheelchair to an elevator a few corridors away. Once inside you press R.

"I hate elevators, if this breaks down then I will cry." Arthur looks at you nervously as you stand beside him in the lift. "R is slightly creepy too, where does that go?"

"It's a surprise, do you have any patience?" You chuckle as the elevator rises.

"I waited a lifetime for an x-ray, does that not answer your question?"

"Touche. I hate elevators too, but it is the only way to our destination and its the best place to enjoy a drink around here."

The doors open and as you wheel Arthur out onto the roof he looks around with a grin. You park him next to a couple of chairs set out near the doors before sitting down next to him.

"Perfect."

"It has been a good adventure, merci y/n. It has been a much more enjoyable afternoon with you here." Arthur smiles over at you before raising his cup to cheers with you.

A couple of days later you are back to work on the ward. The morning is going smoothly when Dr Azil heads down the corridor asking the other nurses for you. You overhear as you are with a patient in a side room so poke your head out the door. "Dr Azil, do you need me? What's going on?"

Dr Azil turns to smile at you. "Ahh y/n! You have a visitor to see you in the family room."

"Oh no, should I be worried? Do I need to read up on a patients notes before I go in?" You suddenly panic so Dr Azil places a hand on your shoulder reassuringly.

"There is nothing to panic about, everything is fine. I will let the other nurses know you are taking lunch."

You feel the anxiety and with it the nausea rising in your chest as you fake a smile to Dr Azil before walking up the corridor to the family room. With a hand on the door, not knowing what to expect, you close your eyes and take a deep breath before going in.

"You?!"

Charles turns around from the window and smiles at you. "Hi y/n, nice to see you again."

"