Part 3

Dr Azil steps back and sits next to Arthur on a small stool.

"Right Arthur, mostly bruises but I suspect your right arm and collarbone may be broken. You will need an x-ray which we can't provide here, so I'll need to transfer you to our local hospital.
Will your brother or other relative outside be able to escort you there?"

Arthur lightly shakes his head, "Charles is racing in the Formula One this afternoon and there is no way I want Charlotte with me."

Charles looks at Arthur and chuckles.

"I doubt Charlotte would agree to go with you anyway. She's already told me I need a podium so she gets more coverage on TV.  Apparently it increases her instagram following and she will have more offers from brands wanting to work with her or something."

You can't help but roll your eyes.  You've never understood women who are desperate for fame, especially 'influencers'.  Charles notices but just smirks to himself.

Dr Azil smiles over at you. "I guess that leaves you on chaperone duty y/n, if you don't mind?"

"Sure, I'm up for an adventure." You smile between Dr Azil and Arthur who looks back skeptically.

"Fantastic, I get to spend the day with the nurse who thinks there is an adventure in an x-ray." You smile and shake your head as Charles stands up and grabs his coat.

"I will catch up with you as soon as I can Arthur, I'm just glad you are okay and in one piece."  He turns to you and touchs your arm, sparking butterflies in your chest. "Please look after him."

You nod with a reassuring smile, "of course, good luck with the podium."

As he puts his coat on he chuckles, "I'm not sure its worth it, being made to repeatedly watch Charlottes screen time afterwards. Analyzing her outfit, face, hair..."  his voice trails off and a look of disdain flits across his face.  "But thanks." He smiles at you before leaving.

"Right, to the hospital Mr Leclerc! Full speed ahead. Can we do a wheelchair rather than a stretcher Dr Azil? A stretcher feels a touch dramatic for a possible broken arm."

Dr Azil laughs. "I think so, as long as Arthur feels he can manage?"

"If the nurse is going to mock me I'd better take the wheelchair." He glances at you with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Please call me y/n instead of 'the nurse', that makes me sound really old, and yes I will mock you if you don't take the wheelchair. You have a suspected broken arm not spine."

Arthur and Dr Azil chuckle, "Y/n won't let you get away with anything, Arthur. She will get you sorted though. Good luck, it was nice to meet you. I'm guessing you'll be there a while y/n so go home from there, I'll see you Tuesday."

"Yeah, see you Tuesday doctor."

You help Arthur transfer into a wheelchair that you find in reception and take him out to one of the ambulances parked up infront of the medical centre.

You chat with Arthur about generic things on the way to the hospital, which isn't a long drive, before pulling up outside x-ray.  "Dr Azil was going to ring ahead so I have every faith they'll be expecting you. I am less convinced we are going to be straight in and out though, they are usually pretty busy."

You take hold of Arthurs wheelchair and carefully reverse him out the ambulance before turning and pushing him through the glass double doors.  "Tell me again how this is adventurous?" He says wearily, looking around the packed x-ray department.  You stop the wheelchair at reception, give Arthurs name and turn to him smiling.

  You stop the wheelchair at reception, give Arthurs name and turn to him smiling

"Well if you are going to be like that I guess I won't show you.  Anyway, I only save the adventures of the hospital for my best patients and so far you've called me 'the nurse' and mocked me for calling this an adventure."

Arthur smiles at you sheepishly, "Okay y/n, I'm sorry.  I'll be the best patient you ever had so please make this more exciting."

"X-rays first and then adventuring."

The receptionist comes back from talking with one of the radiologists and tells you to take a seat.  After a couple of hours the x-rays confirm Arthur has a broken collarbone and right arm.  He has a cast and a sling applied before the hospital discharge him.

As you walk out into the reception pushing the wheelchair you lean down to him, "do you need to head back to the track now or are you going back to your hotel?"

Arthur tilts his head back to see you and smirks, "don't think you are getting out of it that easily, that was the most boring few hours and I have been a fantastic patient. You said the best patients got excitement."

You laugh. "Well that sounds inappropriate! I'm fairly certain I promised an adventure, which I can do as long as you don't have to be elsewhere?"

Arthur looks at his phone, checking the F1 app. "The F1 race is finished and I have nowhere else to be, adventure away!"

"How did your brother do?" You enquire, pushing the wheelchair to your first destination.

"He finished second with fastest lap.  Charlotte will have had a whale of a time."