1. The Ghoul Child and Anteiku

3RD PERSON POV

2 WEEK TIMESKIP

Steven: *grumble* This is bullshit.

Immediately after he found the nearest library and newspapers he could tell something was off. There was nothing mentioning about the wars happening about the wars in Europe people calling for anarchy and destruction in Russia. There was nothing familiar to him at all. Even in America, there was no mentioning of his name or cybernetic achievements or anything he knew about, not even the fall of the SOP. It's like all his efforts and achievements were for nothing, like everything he knew was forgotten and replaced with outdated technology.

But not quite.

Even the date of the current day was wrong, like it was 15 years into the future and 4 months, 6 days off. Even his former trusted advisors know that his efforts wouldn't be forgotten in even centuries although they don't seem to exist in the government archives.

Steven may be completely full of brawn but he does have some brain. To him, it seems as if this might not be his world.

And that means he has to start over. Start over from scratch. Start over like he has nothing. He hated this really. To having everything he wanted to be reduced to just himself. He hated that his allies never existed, he hated that everything was unfamiliar to him, he hated how he had so much more to do, he hates how his efforts would no longer be recognized.

But he especially hated how the society he is currently works.

The concept of ghouls and RC cells are interesting but extremely biased. Every human has an RC cell count which is some kind of special common cell in the body Steven had to guess. Humans have an RC factor of 200-500 that can be apparently be detected by the detectors used in many places. However they can detect if the individual is a ghoul as well.

Ghouls....

What an interesting subject. Apparently everyone categorized them as man-eating monsters ruthlessly hunting for human flesh. But they never look at the facts. Humans don't bother to see they can't eat anything else. They don't bother to sympathize with a ghoul that just wants to live normally. They don't listen to ghouls who plead for help, merely wanting the destruction of ghouls themselves, with the efforts of the government, their limp-dick lawyers and chicken-shit bureaucrats. The entire economy is focused on killing these ghouls, not focusing on the needs of people or making laws to benefit everyone, only aiming for pointless wars that will only result in the endless destruction of the weak and strong.

He doesn't see them as man-hungry and ruthless monsters. He sees people, people who strive for the greater good. People who fought agains the world, fighting to take their lives back. Striving to live and striving to create a land of the truly free while oppressed by the corrupted system aiming to get rid of the strongest of them.

The media is bullshit. Ghouls incapable of feeling emotions? What bullshit. If they never had any emotions, they would they cry? Why would they beg? They all got their memes and facts wrong. Everything is wrong. Even he met a few ghouls that showed some emotion........before they were spartan kicked into the concrete wall, knocking them unconscious after attacking him. Killing them won't benefit him and investigates will surely get suspicious of a random ass man murdering ghouls in the streets, which is the last thing he wants, an entire government on his ass.

Even the government is really sus. CCG? Who is making the missions? Why are they actively targeting ghouls who aren't doing a lot? Why even public executions sometimes? He has so many questions to contradict this society yet so little answers due to blatant bias.