| five

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗦𝗧

chapter five:nightmare becomes reality

chapter five:
nightmare becomes reality

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

IF THERE WAS one thing Serenity didn't expect, it was to see the duo of Steve Harrington and Dustin Henderson outside of her house.

She had been sitting on the couch, her knees tucked up and a folder with a math worksheet on top of it resting on her thighs. Her eyebrows were knit in confusion as she stared down at the mixture of letters and numbers. God, she hated math. What the fuck even were derivatives? She didn't want to go into anything involving math, so she didn't really know why she was learning it in the first place.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Serenity looked over at the door for a moment, wondering who the hell that could be. It was a Friday evening — okay, yes, she was doing homework on a weekend, she's lame, she didn't want to leave it until the last minute and she was bored, sue her — so basically everyone was out doing whatever the fuck people did on Friday nights. It definitely wasn't her parents because they were never home, it definitely wasn't Spencer because he was out working, so . . . who?

The doorbell rang again about three more times. Serenity sighed and placed her math homework down on the coffee table in front of her, completely discarding what she had been so focused on. She stood up from her couch and threaded her fingers through her hair, slightly pushing it back as she approached the door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Serenity complained when the doorbell rang a couple of more times. "My God, chill out."

She opened the door. However, she immediately froze, her eyes flickering between the two boys on her front porch. There was Dustin, wearing his signature hat and his headset that was connected to his Walkie, and Steve, honestly looking just as confused as Serenity felt.

"Why are you two together?" Serenity asked slowly, very confused. "Oh my God, is this an intervention? For what? I don't need an intervention."

"Serenity," Steve cut in. "Stop rambling, sunshine."

"Right. Sorry."

"Renny, you need to come with us," Dustin insisted.

"Why does this sound like you're kidnapping me?" Serenity questioned.

Dustin let out an exasperated breath. "Serenity, please."

Serenity looked over at Steve. "What's happening?"