| thirteen

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗦𝗧

chapter thirteen:don't fuck with the babysitter

chapter thirteen:
don't fuck with the babysitter

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

SERENITY WAS POSITIVE she had never despised a human as much as Billy Hargrove before.

He was rude, he was trashy, he couldn't keep his dick in his pants, he believed he could get any girl he wanted (including Serenity, which she quickly shut down), he put himself on such a high horse, he drove a stupid loud car recklessly. And now, Serenity was positive that he was at the Byers' house to hurt the kids. Not to mention how they were Serenity's kids.

That was not going to fly.

"I'm going to yell at him," Serenity decided.

"No, you will not," Steve stated, grabbing her shoulder as she went to walk towards the door. "It's common knowledge that you babysit these kids."

"We're not babies—" Mike started to protest.

"If he sees that you're here, he's going to connect the dots." Steve squared his shoulders. "I'll get him to go away. Just stay out of sight, okay?"

"Steve," Serenity cut in as he started to leave. "Be careful. Please."

Steve nodded to her. "I will."

He then slipped out of the house, slinking his body through a barely-open door so they wouldn't be seen.

"Stay low at the windows," Serenity instructed to Mike, Dustin, Lucas, and Max. "If anything goes wrong, let me know."

Serenity leaned back against the door with her arms crossed across her chest, making sure her head was to the side of the little window. She could hear her heartbeat in her ears, pounding hard as her veins coursed with adrenaline. This was quite literally the worst possible case scenario.

"Am I dreaming, or is that you, Harrington?" Billy's voice called.

"Yeah, it's me, don't cream your pants," Steve responded, and Serenity didn't even have the strength in her to smile.

"What are you doing here, amigo?"

"I could ask you the same thing. Amigo."