Tease, Jim'll know.

She'd woken up tasting him on her lips, Her face deep in the creases of her blanket, she had imagined his tongue licking her, only to wake up and find Lou's tongue replaced the Bats, coarse and long, Her face coated in a thick film of saliva. She wiped her hand over her face as she pushed Lou away. His breath was intoxicating, but not like the kiss--had she dreamed all of that?

When she sat up, there was no sign of him. The last thing she remembered was his mouth on hers, and then she'd melted into him. Something pulled her down, and then she was lost in a far off dream, this one setting each cell of her off. She reached between her legs and felt the wetness, and then rolled her eyes.

"God, I'm a damn mess."

The dream had set her off, and while she promised that pesky Bat that she'd behave herself, something stirred in her. Fragments of the cave began to float back to her, piecing together a coherent idea of things. She was in danger, and the Bat would be keeping an eye on her. She felt the smile spread on her face and decided to shower off the remnants of the night.

When she was done, she dried herself, her hair, and slid into her silk dressing gown. And then walked out through the bay doors into the balcony with a pack of cigarettes. Outside the wind was complimenting the snow, the breeze whistling through her silk robe, separating the loose knot. She looked down at herself, and saw the robe open. She let the highway of her torso, light and fresh, shimmer by the moon.

She didn't care about any others so high up, but knew only of one pair of eyes, even if she couldn't see them. She teased the hem of the robe by her chest and then slid her hands further down, feeling the fine hairs below. When she looked down a laugh bubbled up and she let it flow from her.

She'd forgotten she'd dyed down there, one half black, another red. The colours had faded. She hoped he could see her. If he was going to play the virtuous hero, she wouldn't make it easy for him. And why should she? He had made a move on her and now she was just making one back.

It didn't have to go any further than this playfulness. It was exciting to stand out here and feel the night on her; the tightness of her nipples, and the titillating cold between her legs as she felt the excitement building. She couldn't imagine getting to this point in her life, but somehow, this was exactly where she wanted to be.

She slid the robe off, and felt it the lightness of it drop. With an arch of her back, she stretched her back, making sure her got the full view. When she she turned back to the bay doors, she felt the eyes on her, and turned back only to see concrete behemoths dashed with snow, dead: they felt nothing.

She knew he saw all of her. When she went back in her skin felt like fire, and she went back to bed, and slid her hands between her legs. Her heart raced at the naughtiness of it all, but her breath went deep as she felt herself, and gave way to those forbidden thoughts of the man behind the cowl.

Two weeks had passed since that night, and each one from then to now beat him down. It was hard to focus, to keep his mind on the job. He was torn between that rising need to watch over Harley, and go after the predator instead of the prey. There wasn't a single development. It didn't matter either way. His nights were quiet, and between the silence of Gotham, living and breathing in autonomous safety, and watching Harley, he felt aimless. The only thing that pulled at him was that gnawing feeling inside.

He was losing his grip on the city, and yet if he fell would it be that bad? Was falling into Harley the worst thing in the world? He couldn't make sense of it, and that felt more like suffocation. Even as he stood between the two apartment blocks, shrouded in darkness, he could see her on a late shift now. Her face tired; slicked with sweat as she carried a stack of plates.