Frodo

*Imagine Frodo and y/n meeting for the first time*

It was a brisk autumn day in the Shire and so you decided to take a leisurely walk around the quaint village you call home. The Shire was, no doubt, a beautiful place to live, but it was also incredibly dull. Most of the Hobbits here enjoyed the lack of adventure and mystery in their life, but not you. You longed to go on an adventure beyond the borders of Hobbiton. You had grown up listening to the tales of Bilbo Baggins, and wished a wizard would knock on your door granting you the experience of a lifetime as well. 25 years since you had first heard that beloved tale as a toddler, and no adventure yet.

You dreamily walked on past the perfectly kept houses, past Farmer Maggot's property, and onto a trail that is barely on the outskirts of the village. Should you venture past the borders? Your heart rate quickened at the prospect. 10 feet more and you would be the farthest you've ever been from home. 'It would be a foolish mistake,' the logical side of you argued. 'A mistake worth making if it means escaping a life of constant routine and dreariness,' another part of you countered. After a moment of indecisiveness, you finally settled on returning home. Had you made a mistake? You'll never know now.

As you strolled along back to your humble little house, you were in a daze. You couldn't get your mind off all the things that could've happened if you had just walked a little further. You hadn't noticed that a figure was walking directly towards you. His eyes were fixated on a book that he held in his hands. His face contorted into a confused glare as a flipped through the pages. A few seconds later... BANG! You both fell to the ground with a painful sounding clunk. The young hobbit's book flew from his grasp in a direction that neither one of you saw clearly.
"Oh! I'm terribly sorry Miss! Are you alright?" He asked frantically.
"Goodness, yes I'm fine. Are you?" You replied, amused by the situation and the boys tone of voice.
"I'm fine as well. I'm afraid I might not be able to say the same for my book however... did you see where it landed?"
"I didn't, I'm afraid. I'll be happy to help you find it though. If it wasn't for me, this wouldn't have happened."
"Do not blame yourself. I am as much at fault! I should've been paying more attention to where I was going."
And with that, you both got up to look for the book.

With it being the middle of Autumn, there were many leaves covering the ground making it harder to spot the small item. Eventually, after about 5 minutes of searching you found it by tripping over it.
"Sir, I've found your book!"
"Oh! Wonderful. Thank you so much." The hobbit rushed over to where you lay in the leaves, book in hand. He offed his hand to help you up, which you gratefully accepted.
"My name is Frodo by the way. Frodo Baggins."

'Baggins? He couldn't possibly be Bilbo Baggins' Frodo. Could he?' Your thoughts were racing at a thousand miles per hour at that very second.

"An honor to meet you, Frodo. I'm y/n y/l/n." You gave him a small smile as you finished speaking.
"Lovely to meet you, y/n" he returned the smile. His smile was gorgeous. It could light up Hobbiton it was so bright. What really captivated you were his eyes. Two big, beautiful blue eyes that held so much emotion within them. You two stood there in a comfortable silence staring at each other for a good moment. Frodo was also taken back by your beauty as he seemingly studied your features so he would never forget them. The comfortable silence quickly turned awkward. Just as Frodo was about to say something, a frantic voice pierced throughout the woody area.

"Frodo! Frodo Baggins! Where have you gotten to my boy?" Bilbo. You knew right away. Frodo looked slightly embarrassed, and you could almost see a red blush creeping onto his cheeks.

"Frodo! Fro-ah! There you are. I've been calling you, could you not hear?"
"My apologies, dear uncle. I'm sorry that I worried you." Frodo looked down guiltily.
"Do not fret. It was only a slight scare! I figured you were around here some place. And who is this lovely girl?" He looked at you with a comforting smile. You returned the smile and calmly told him your name and how you and Frodo bumped into each other. On the inside, however, you were anything but calm. You were talking to your childhood hero as though he were the hobbit next door! You couldn't believe it. What happened next shocked you beyond all measure.

"Well, Miss y/n, would you like to join us for supper? I have prepared a lovely little feast and there is plenty for three." He kindly offered as his nephew looked upon you in anticipation of your answer.

"It would be an honor to join you both for supper!" You agreed quickly, although you did try your best to pace yourself so you didn't come off as too eager.

"Marvelous! I'm sure my nephew will take great pleasure in escorting you to our home while I attend to some business. I will be home swiftly!" Frodo's face heated up. As did yours Bilbo shot him a knowing glance and wink, and you a very mischievous smile.

On your way back to Bag End, you two talked about anything and everything. It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship that turned to something more.