Bilbo Baggins

"Run y/n! Get out of here!" I could hear my fathers terrified voice commanding me in the distance. I heard the screams of children, the crackling of flames surrounding me, and the crumbling of cottages. I could see non of it though. My vision was corrupted by total darkness. I soon felt the air in my lungs leave as a force constricted me so tightly I could barely think straight. I gasped for air as I thrashed around hoping for some kind of relief. All of the sudden everything fell silent as a deafening silence took over.

My eyes shot open as I practically launched myself from the bed. I looked over to see a very frightened looking Bilbo.
"Y-y/n?" He cautiously asked. He reached out a hand to try and caress my cheek but I flinched away. Bilbo immediately retracted his hand. I couldn't even reply or apologize for my actions, I just sat there trying to get my rapid breathing under control before I explode. After a few moments of silence, I collapse back on the bed and burry my face in my shaking hands. I was so exhausted at this point. Bilbo hasn't said anything to me, possibly out of fear of upsetting me. Finally he spoke, "I'm going to go make you some tea y/n." He started to leave when suddenly I grabbed his wrist. In the loudest voice I could muster (which came out in the form of a whisper), I simply said "no, stay." He softly smiled at me and climbed next to me. He pulled me close to him and started gently stroking my hair.

After a while of staying like this he asked "What happened?" I didn't know how to answer him. He knew a little bit about my past, but not enough that my nightmare would make sense to him. I decided that I didn't want to dive into the horrific details at that moment, so I told him, "it was a nightmare about the day my parents died. I will tell you more about it in the morning." He hummed in response. Soon enough, I was asleep. Bilbo stayed up longer to make sure I was going to be ok.

9:00 AM the next day

Bilbo was still sleeping when I woke up. We were in the same position we were when we fell asleep last night which I found adorable. His eyelashes started to flutter open and he looked over to me. In his raspy morning voice he croaked out "Goodmorning darling."
"Good morning my love," I replied with a smile.

Bilbo looks at me seriously and I dread what is going to come out of his mouth. "Y/n, about your dream last night..." he started. I looked at him and sighed. "It was nothing really. It happens every so often." Which was true. I get that same awful nightmare at least once a month. I feel paralyzed when it flashes through my mind. By the time my body lets go of the chokehold it has on my consciousness, I am fighting for my life with every ounce of strength I have left.
"It was far more than nothing, my darling. It looked like an exorcism." He gave me an accusing glance, knowing I was hiding something. I simply frowned and sat up. Bilbo followed my actions.
"When I have these dreams -nightmares, I am like a prisoner. I can't do anything but sit there and listen as my world is enveloped in darkness, and the haunting sounds of my struggling village rings distantly." I try to continue, but by the time the last word leaves my mouth I am a sobbing mess. Bilbo scoots himself closer and wraps he arms around me protectively.
"I'm so sorry y/n." He's crying too. "No hobbit should have to go through what you have. I wish I could take the pain away from you! I wish I could!" He tries to remain calm as the words leave his mouth, but it chokes up. Tears prick his eyes as he stares at me. He looks down and let's them falll. We are now both a sobbing mess.

I get myself under control and turn to face him. "I could go for that tea now," I smile. He slightly laughs as he nods his head. "Coming right up, miss!" He gets up and slowly disappears into the kitchen. I get up and start to make the bed and straighten up the room. By the time I get there the tea has just begun whistling.

We sat there in a comfortable silence as we sipped our hot drink.