Lindir

*imagine y/n is having trouble with her hair and Lindir does it for her*

You hated your hair today. It just wouldn't do as it was supposed to! You had tried very thing you could and it still looked horrible. Out of frustration you threw your hairbrush across the room, resulting in it banging very loudly against the marble wall. You let out a groan and buried your face in your hands. Just as all this was going on, Lindir happened to be walking by your quarters on his way to his own. He cautiously knocked against the door.

"Y/n? Are you ok?" His delicate voice chimed through thick door. You waited to answer until you knew your voice would not crack due to the stress.
"Yes, I am fine." You bluntly replied. Lindir, however, was no fool. You two had known each other since you were Elflings. He knew right away that something was off.
"May I come in y/n?" You stiffened at his question. You reluctantly told him yes after a moment of contemplation. He slowly opened the door and immediately rushed to your side. He enveloped you in a strong, but ever so gentle hug. You relaxed in his arms immediately, and wrapped your own arms around him. You stayed in that position for a long while until he whispered, "What is wrong Mellon Nin?" He gently brushed a loose strand of hair behind your ears as his eyes locked on yours. He scanned your face trying to figure out for himself what the issue was. He hated seeing you so miserable. It shattered his heart to see the elleth he loves most in this world so distraught.
"It's a ridiculous reason. Please don't laugh, Lindir." You warned him. He slowly nodded his head and tightened his grip on you.
"It's my hair. I hate it. No matter what I do, I cannot get it under control." The corners of his mouth upturned slightly, and he ran his hands through your hair.

"Perhaps I can help you with it." He offered.
You smiled for the first time that day. That gorgeous smile that he loved so much. You see, Lindir was hopelessly in love with you. But terrified of the idea of rejection from one of his closest friends. So, instead of possibly facing that reality, he kept his feelings to himself.

You retrieved your brush and sat down at the vanity. Lindir began to slowly brush through the knots in your h/c hair. Carefully separating the hair into sections to be braided. He was extremely cautious with every movement, for he did not want to cause you even the slightest pain. You watched him intently has he focused all of his attention on your hair.

After around 20 minutes he announces proudly that he has finished. He looks at you with anticipation, almost scared to know what you think of it. As you stare at it, your face lights up. It was too miraculous to even describe. An array of fish tale braids were adorned on your head. A wave of relief washed over Lindir as he saw your reaction.

"Lindir! Oh how marvelous this looks! Thank you so much Meleth Nin!" Suddenly you stopped dead in your tracks like a deer in the headlights. Your widened eyes only matched by Lindir's.

What did you just say?

You gasp in horror at the realization, too embarrassed to even look him in the eye. You wanted to run. Get as far way from here as possible.

You started to make your way towards the door, when Lindir grabbed your arm, effectively stopping you from leaving. He looked like the happiest Elf in all of Middle Earth and you had no idea why. Suddenly, he spoke.

"Y/n, I have loved you for centuries. I-I had no idea you returned the feelings." He looked like he was on the verge of tears.

"Nor did I... " you sheepishly replied.

"Would you do me the great honor of courting me, my love?" He asked, scared of your answer.

"Of course I would! I love you, Lindir." You jump into his arms out of excitement.

Through laughter because of your actions, he replied, "I love you too, y/n."