You've got me. T

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 | smut (18+ only, dry humping, handjob, unprotected sex/loss of virginity, fingering, oral f receiving), alcohol consumption and tobacco use, best friends to lovers, angst, pining, fluff, tom and reader lacking braincells, extreme cornish, protectiveness/jealousy, There Was Only One Bed, I can't stress enough how fucking stupid these two are, truly no braincells detected in this entire fic

(title's after the song by the greeting committee <3 will always be the song that makes me think of tom the most)

YOU DON'T NEED TO SEE THE MOVIE TO READ THIS! plot of the film is totally discarded lmaooo
author's note part 2: there's a moment where the reader mentions that sometimes people think her and tom are siblings, she does not necessarily mean that they look alike! she means that they ACT like siblings and could be related through adoption or marriage-- her appearance isn't described and it's left open-ended for anyone to insert themselves ❤️

@ mypoisonedvine

"Leave off, m'fine." Tom crinkled up his nose as he tried to brush your hands away, but you fought to keep dabbing the cuts on his face with the washcloth.

"Fine? You look like you lost a fight," you frowned.

"Well, we won the match, so," he smiled, but winced when you went back to the cut just above his eyebrow. "Fuck off, that hurts!"

"Couldn't hurt as much as it did when you got it," you insisted. "C'mon, it'll scar if you don't let me clean it up right."

"So? I thought the lasses liked scars," he grinned. "Makes me look tough."

"Makes you look like you got your arse handed to you."

Tom really wasn't built for rugby. Though he certainly wasn't in bad shape, he was the slimmest of all the guys he played with; he was fast, he had that going for him, but the poor kid got pummelled every time he played.

"Wish you wouldn't go out there," you mumbled, one of those rare times that you admitted how much you hated seeing him get hurt.

"Wish you wouldn't worry about me when I can take care'a meself," he replied.

And that was how it had always been— Tom was just reckless like that, and you had to try to reign him in as best you could. You could remember so many nights spent this way, you trying to scold him enough that he might be a little more careful; but considering you'd been doing this since you were just little kids, you eventually gave up on trying to stop him and just decided to be there when he needed a little comfort.

You might've always been Tom's greatest comfort. So many things in life are uncertain, temporary, fleeting. Not you; you'd always been there, as long as he could remember— even longer, really. And not just because he had a shit memory from all those rugby concussions.

"Aren't you worried you'll look beat up in all our holiday photos?" you asked him, speaking quietly since you were so close to his face to treat his injuries.

"Why'd that bother me?" he shrugged. "You think I'm gonna be lookin' at me own stupid mug in photos?"

"Don't say that," you shoved him on the shoulders as he laughed, leaning back into the couch. "You've got a nice mug, if you didn't get it all mucked up."

"You think m'pretty then?" he cooed sarcastically, putting his hand under his chin and batting his eyelashes; you giggled and shoved him harder, this time knocking you both back until he was laying on the couch and you were on top of him.

"Yeah, pretty daft," you replied, and he snorted.

"Fuck off," he rolled his eyes, wrapping his arms around your back.