Love Interests

Please for the love of god, stop doing this.

Now, love interests can be done right, I'll acknowledge that. I have read a few stories in which the love relationship was done right and it payed off very well. One of them is actually my favourite.

To The Stars | Tokito Muichiro x OC is a love relationship done right, change my mind.

But anyways, I'm getting sidetracked.

...

Most of the love relationships I've seen sunk. Badly. I'm sorry Wattpad and all you love relationship stans, but I have to put it out there.

I swear, like, 60% of the relationship stories are just love at first sight, while another 30% is a harem story.

I'll give Soulmate stuff the benefit of the doubt, as I haven't read much of those stories before.

Ok, so lets start with Harems.

Harems suck ass when it comes to fanfics.

It's literally just all the boys/girls loving over one particular person and NOTHING ELSE. Meanwhile, the protagonist is a dense as hell mother[] who can't decide who to pick.

I hate these stories, they are literally the same thing all the time.

So basically, if you want to improve, don't do harems.

Please. :(

...

Love at first sight.

Why does this concept still exist?

it's not cute. It just gives you the excuse of being a stalker.

Like, ok Marinette, we know you love Adriene, but admit that you love him now.

IT'S BEEN 4 SEASONS OF THE SAME SHIT.

So, don't do Love at First sight stuff. I don't like the concept cause it's literally impossible. Plus, to me, it's less like love and more of lust, and there's a clear difference between the two.

...

Don't get me started on incense stories.

...

However. If you still want to do a relationship type story, I do have a few hints for you.

1. Build the relationship slowly. No need to rush, you have unlimited time and 0 budget, there's nothing to lose.

2. Make the characters do stuff for one another. Make them exchange gifts, let them hang out together. Don't do the love at first sight thing.

3. Remember that the characters has a life outside the relationship. They wont always be at the beck and call of your inserted oc. They have a life outside the oc. If they don't, then they are just a simp and wasting everything.

...

A friend also just put up a point, so imma address it here. Platonic love would also be an option here. A relationship shouldn't always be the thing needed.

...

Anything you want me to talk about? Just put it here!