Crossovers

Requested by DeathlyJazzHands55 

So, if you do not know already

I

LOVE

CROSSOVER FANFICS.

I've always liked the idea of "What if this character was in this universe?" Or "What if these characters fought?" (Which is probably why I watch stuff like Death Battle and Smash Bracket too much)

I mean, you can literally only look at my profile to see multiple crossover fanfics with BNHA (I'll love on to other fandoms soon just wait!)

However, there are some less than ideal crossover fanfics I've seen, so lets see.

First of all. If a crossover is focused on a character loving another character (or a crossover ship), please don't. That's all I'm going to say.

Second of all, for the most part, I'm not really into those fanfics like "Mist Hashira descendant in the world of heroes" Or something like that. It's annoying.

Third of all. Making an impact with the crossover. Have the crossover change up the story.

For example:

"The Pig, the mask and the slayers" By DeathlyJazzHands55

(And I'm sorry for pinging you multiple times here if you are reading this, but GOD does your fanfics do crossovers right.)

The existance of Dream and Technoblade alone in the demon slayer world makes things go haywire. Deathly creates more lore surrounding Technoblade and Dream to add layers of depth to the story, while [for the most part] staying true to their characters in the Dream SMP.

However, their existence and choices change up the story of Demon slayer by a LOT.

Not even mentioning Ranboo and Wilbur (Not Tommyinnit yet, but we'll see)

[Spoilers!]

So first of all, Dream kidnapping Nezuko ensured her not becoming a demon, but rather, a slayer.

Dream kills Tanjiro, which literally changes everything about the fanfic.

Wilbur turns Hanako (The youngest Kamado girl into a demon, thereby giving the family more family development.)

Technoblade LITERALLY BODIES MUZAN

etc etc.

Infact, lemme talk about Technoblade beating Muzan, cause that brings up my next point.

Power scaling.

Just because you want a character to fit inside a world, doesn't mean you have to nerf them. There are many things that you can do with that power. You can even use that power as a plot point.

Like Technobalde bodying Muzan again.

But if i'm going to use another example, Imma use "Punch That Villain" by Able48 .

The heroes are SCARED of Saitama!Reader's sheer power. Cause of that, they keep making hasty decisions like blackmailing her to join U.A.

Cause of this, we see Class 1A regarding her as a cheat, and we get a lot of interesting moments with class 1a slowly coming to the reality that they may have to face the consequences of their actions.

Of course, not all of them do this. (I'm looking at you Midoriya >:T) but the fact that Shoji, Tokoyami and Shoto come to the realisation of what they have done and they are in the wrong is satisfying to the reader, as well as give a true out take on life. Not everyone's going to think that they are in the wrong.

Also, it just tests the mental stability of Saitama!Reader, and I'm all for it.

So yeah, in conclusion, crossovers are great. But if you wish to make a good one, you'll have to make interesting dynamics and plot points concerning the crossover characters. And also make an impact. 

...

Oh also "too many crossovers" fanfics kinda trigger me-

Anyways

Anything you want me to talk about, post here!