43. Family

What can be done in this situation? There has to be a solution. A solution to the problem Rajveer Mehra. Vansh darted the arrow at the board,his aim, far from the centre. Riddhima is not ready to listen to him so, bringing her back to him in VR mansion is of no use. It will only worsen the situation. Karan... The relationship between them and the reason she is staying in his penthouse is still unknown. So, the last option is Rajveer Mehra. Vansh narrowed his eyes as he darted the arrow right at the centre. Soon, things will be in his hands and this Rajveer will regret ever coming close to her.

*

"You are standing at five feet distance from me," Riddhima scowled at Rajveer. They now stood out of the car, before the gates of Mehra's house.

"I can't act too clingy in front of my parents."

"That means, you admit you are clingy."
"No, I..."
"What about being a supportive boyfriend slash husband? Huh?"

"Okay, we will stand together like this. I think this much is pretty decent," said Rajveer coming closer to her.

"You were not decent in the car."

Rajveer held her hand. "Okay, let's go. Come what may!"

"I swear, you are more nervous than me," Riddhima grumbled.

As they were busy bickering with each other, the gates opened and Riddhima and Rajveer released each other's hand as if they got electrocuted.

Mr. Mehra stood with his hands in his trouser pockets. He had already seen them arguing with each other in the camera.

"Namaste uncle." Mr Mehra nodded at her and then looked at his son who grew more nervous. "Dad.... She is Riddhima, my..." Love, girlfriend, fiance?

"Rajveer!" His mother came grinning in their direction. "Namaste aunty."
"Namaste beta. Come, why are you standing outside?"

*

Sejal pulled her two large suitcases, the tires of one got stuck at the entrance and she almost stumbled straight to the floor. Sara stood holding two large bags, helplessly watching her.
"It's done." Sejal breathed in relief.
"I can ask my driver to drop you Sejal. Why are you being so stubborn? Did Bhai said something to you? I will tell di, she will straighten him out."

"It's okay Sejal. Your bhai is not someone who can affect my decisions."

"Di won't be happy if you will leave like this. Atleast stay till her birthday."

"I have already talked to her. She had also whined like you. I want some space, Sara, I am an outcast..."

"Don't talk like that..." Sara never understood, why people have to be like this. Can't they just accept each other and live happily together, instead of fighting over stupid things.

Sejal chuckled. "I don't mean it, literally. Riddhima is and will be my family, always. I trust her love for me. But with changes, we have to change also. I will miss her. You know what, we had even cried together last night. Don't worry, stay in touch. I am in this city only, we will play Ludo online."

Sejal couldn't help but feel a little lonely. She had no boyfriend, no family and she was sure they wouldn't appear out of the blue, suddenly. But she needed this for herself. Riddhima had already helped her financially with her apartment and that was enough.

She sat inside the taxi, leaving a teary eyed Sara behind.
Her phone pinged and she saw Riddhima's message.
"Have you reached home, Sejal?"

"No, I am in taxi now, Riddhima."

"You have to tell me, if you need anything. I would hate if you brought formalities between us."

"Ok madam. Btw, I am not going to return you the money, you paid in my apartment."