𝟎𝟎𝟑

A SMALL SMILE PLAYED ON Iris' lips as she watched Suho begin to unwrap the birthday gift she'd gotten him. After the incident with Han Seojun, Iris had gotten another cake for Suho before making way to his house to wish him. When she'd arrived, she had to wait a while for him to answer the door and when he did, it seemed like he'd just returned from outside and as though he'd met someone. But Iris didn't question it, despite how curious she was and instead wished him.

The two then enjoyed the newer cake Iris had gotten for him and engulfed in some conversation. Before Iris knew it, her curfew came around and she had to call it a day. Suho ofcourse had the decency to drop the girl back home and not let her wander around this late at night. Although it was the bare minimum, the thought still made Iris' heart flutter.

Just like now as Iris watched the boy before her begin to analyze the comic book she'd spent so much time searching for. "So, do you like it?"

She asked but Suho had a blank expression making it somewhat hard for her to read him.

"I-" he said as he put the comic book back in the gift bag and glanced at Iris, "It's definitely something." he said and Iris frowned.

This wasn't the reaction she had expected. It's not like Iris had expected Suho to jump in down and giddy as he thanked her for the amazing gift she had spent weeks searching for, but she had expected him to break out into a smile, or atleast an expression that wasn't blank like the one right now.

"You don't like it?" she asked. She was sure that he would've been happy to have this as a gift, after all, it was his favourite - the cursed mask.

He'd been wanting it for as long as Iris could remember so she was sure getting him the first edition, not to mention signed from the author would make him happy. Yet here he was, looking anything, but happy.

"But I thought it was your favourite comic." she said as her frown grew, "You've been wanting it for as long as I can remember."

"No-" Suho quickly dismissed upon noticing the saddened look on his friends face, "Iris I love it." he responded trying to assure her, but it seemed that he was trying to assure himself that. "It's great really. Thank you." he said and with that their conversation quickly died down.

Suho wasn't sure what to say to the brunette. He was grateful over the trouble she'd seemed to go through to get ahold of this book for him, and if she'd given him the gift sooner, he might have given her the reaction she'd been hoping to get.

But this was after he'd met with the mysterious girl, Im Jubal, at the comic book shop - who'd also promised to lend him her copy of the cursed mask, which by the way was also signed and the first edition.

Just as Suho was about to open his mouth and say something, a motorcycle suddenly sped their way.

Using his reflexes, he grabbed Iris' waist, pulling her closer to him and out of harms way before muttering a quick "Careful."

Iris was taken aback by what had happened and eyed the figure on the motorcycle as deja vu suddenly hit her, "Han Seojun?" she questioned with an annoyed look.

Looks like he really was back for good this time.

Iris frowned as she tore her gaze from the figure and followed behind Suho towards the front of the school. Looks like she'd just have to make due with this new arrangement.

As the two were about to enter through the doors, the same annoying figure she'd been trying to ignore appeared before them, with the same annoyed look that Iris had on.

Han Seojun began carelessly walking to his former school, unbothered by all the eyes and attention, however he stopped when he saw the two familiar faces he had hoped to not see, at least on his first day back. As he glanced between his former best friend and his former best friends, friend, he couldn't help but roll his eyes in annoyance.