𝟎𝟏𝟗

suhos pov

IT HAD BEEN TWO DAYS. Two days, 48 hours and 172800 seconds since he had seen Iris after the incident, which involved the almost-kiss with Iris, and Suho felt like he was losing his mind. He couldn't stop thinking about her, about how beautiful she was so up close, or of what could've been if Mrs. Kim hadn't interrupted them. Suho hadn't known where all these feelings were coming from or how they had even developed, they just did.

He'd come into terms with them just a couple weeks earlier, after he felt Iris begin to slip away due to his own foolish actions. He knew it was wrong to feel anything more than a friend for Iris, seeing that she was his greatest friend since childhood, but he couldn't help it, and even if he tried denying his feelings for her, he couldn't look at her the same way he did before.

"What're you so focused on?" a familiar voice asked causing Suho to be snapped out of his thoughts.

When he looked up, he met the curious eyes of Kang Soojin and came to a realization that he was still in the study group session with Soojin, Taehoon and Jugyeong, waiting for the current arrivals of Sua and Naelea.

Suho looked back down on his notebook and avoided the Kang girls gaze, feeling as though she could almost read his thoughts about Iris, "Nothing." he muttered, trying to act casual, and not as though the friend of the girl he liked was currently analyzing him like a hawk.

Soojin furrowed her brows, "Come on, it's not-" she began but was interrupted before she could finish her words.

"We're here!" Sua announced as she and her friends walked towards the group.

Suho wouldn't have been as excited as he was upon his classmates arrival if it were just her, but it wasn't. Because as she neared the table with an excited look, he almost immediately took notice of the Kim that had been constantly consuming his thoughts following right behind.

Suho wasn't the only one who took notice of Iris, or was excited by her presence, "Iris!" Taehoon exclaimed with a grin, "You made it! and you seem better." he stated.

Iris smiled at the boy as she sat herself down on the only seat available, which was also next to Suho, unbeknownst to the effect she was having on him and his speeding heart beat, "I still have a cough though." she pointed out.

Suho wanted to say something to her, anything, so she could pay attention to him. But before he had the courage to muster up some words, Jugyeong beat him to it, "It's great to have you back. You don't know how boring it's been without you."

Iris laughed at the comment, but Soojin nodded in agreement with the Lim girl, "She's not lying. It's actually been hell." she muttered, "The only form of entertainment we've had is Suas gossip, which too has only been about that boy group she's so obsessed with."

Iris felt touched by her friends words, not knowing that her presence mean this much to all of them, "Well I've missed you guys too." she assured them, and after a little more talking, the group went back to doing what they were doing before Iris' arrival. Meanwhile, Suho simply stared at the girl, wondering if she had been thinking about him as much as he had about her over the last couple of days.

Iris wasn't oblivious to the Lee boys staring, it was pretty obvious, especially since she was sitting right next to him. She had even made eye contact with him a couple of times, but each time she looked away quickly as she was unsure of what to say. What could she say anyways after what had happened between them? 

Thanks for the soup, I'm sorry our almost-kiss got interrupted? 

Iris shook her head. No way she could be the first one to say something. She would probably make things more awkward then they already were.