𝗢𝗡𝗘 • 𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗦𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲?

Monday, April 8thRoland Reagan National Airport7:34 pm

Monday, April 8th
Roland Reagan National Airport
7:34 pm

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

I'LL be lying if I say I wasn't nervous as shit right now.

It's been four whole years since I've seen my family, so excitement and anticipation coursed through my veins hitting every nerve and making my toes subconsciously tap inside of my mauve crocs.

I stood outside the airport holding my very restless cat close to my chest as I impatiently awaited the arrival of my brother so that he could take me home, and I could finally get the well-deserved nap that I'd been waiting for, for hours.

The sun was sitting on the horizon, hiding behind the tall buildings and I couldn't take my eyes off the beautiful array of colors that decorated the sky, and the fluffy white clouds that spread across the heavenly scenery.

Ever since I was a kid I was drawn to the sky. It's one of the many traits I got from my dad.

I miss the days when he would carry me sky gazing or star gazing and we would point out the differently shaped clouds and count the stars. He would sometimes make up stories about people living on different planets, making it so convincing that I believed people were inhabiting the moon and people were skating on Saturn's rings.

My reminiscing was brought to an abrupt stop by the sound of a loud motorbike engine.

I shifted my gaze from the sky to the biker who was adjusting the helmet on his head and preparing to leave.

Did he come to the airport just to buy food?

I thought to myself as I stooped to put Diamond in her carrier, and watched him secure his food on his bike.

I stood back up and kept my eyes glued to him as he walked around his bike fixing his riding gloves and is now facing me. I wish I could see his face, but instead- all I could see was his tired posture and by the way his clothes hung on his body I could tell he had a long day.

His buttons were slightly undone and his shirt was halfway tucked in his pants.

I couldn't take my eyes off of him, and the silver cross necklace that was hung around his neck reminded me to not let my mind stray too far.

What's wrong with me? He could be ugly, or worse...A serial killer.

"Still have a thing for bikers huh?" I heard a low familiar voice speaking beside me, bringing my creepy ogling to an immediate end.

I wrapped my arms around my brother who had pulled me into a warm welcoming hug and embraced him tightly, almost bursting his eardrums with my high-pitched squeal "I missed you so much"

"I missed you too Di" My baby brother replied, and although I couldn't see his face, I could tell he was wearing that big jovial smile he usually has.

"You've gotten so big in such a small space of time" I wasn't able to tell just how much he's grown through FaceTime. The last time I saw him he was the same height as me and now he's looking over my head.